Review: could Zoloft cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 74,053 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 653 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,414 Zoloft users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 661 people (0.89%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Zoloft when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||14.81%||29.63%||10.19%||18.52%||10.19%||9.26%||7.41% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Zoloft * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||1.35%||7.61%||14.89%||27.58%||24.70%||23.86% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||20.00%||30.00%||30.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||18.18%||9.09%||72.73% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (173 people, 26.17%)
- Anxiety (69 people, 10.44%)
- Pain (56 people, 8.47%)
- Multiple myeloma (52 people, 7.87%)
- Erectile dysfunction (41 people, 6.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (135 people, 20.42%)
- Aspirin (123 people, 18.61%)
- Viagra (96 people, 14.52%)
- Aredia (89 people, 13.46%)
- Seroquel (84 people, 12.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a 61-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Numbness And Tingling
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 63-year old woman with Anxiety And Stress. The patient has Pelvic And Lower Back Pain From Fall Resulting In 5 Pelvic Fractures
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depressed Mood
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Pristiq for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.