Review: could Zoloft cause Fever?
Summary: Fever is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 73,928 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,132 have Fever. Find out below who they are, when they have Fever and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Fever >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 78,283 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Fever 168,332 patients)
On Dec, 16, 2014: 73,928 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 2,132 people (2.88%) have Fever.
Time on Zoloft when people have Fever * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Fever when taking Zoloft * :
Severity of Fever when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fever ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (321 people, 15.06%)
- Anxiety (176 people, 8.26%)
- Pain (158 people, 7.41%)
- Multiple myeloma (136 people, 6.38%)
- Hypertension (94 people, 4.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (308 people, 14.45%)
- Ambien (279 people, 13.09%)
- Aspirin (272 people, 12.76%)
- Neurontin (271 people, 12.71%)
- Protonix (251 people, 11.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fever while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Fever
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Fever
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Zoloft, Fever
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax (1 response)
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I began to feel more energetic and started losing weight. For the first time in years I woke up in the morning feeling zippy. I started feeling euphoric sometimes. I started to feel like I was glowing with life. I became so energetic I was like someone in a manic state. My temper got shorter and I began to hallucinate. I started to see angels and/or feel their presence. I live in a big city and there are a lot of people who are pretty mean here and I decided I wasn't going to let any of them push me around. I wasn't diplomatic anymore with anyone. Basically everyone thought I had gone crazy and I guess I had.
My psychiatrist saw me and told my neurologist to "Get Her Off The Topamax!" After I stopped taking it and was more my normal tired self, my psychiatrist told me that I had been psychotic and that I had scared him. Unfortunately, after I stopped taking topamax I gained back the 30 pounds I had lost and none of my new clothes fit me. My doctors told me that they had never seen Topamax affect anyone the way it had affected me. They said it usually makes people more sedated. Hopefully, sharing my experience with Topamax will be helpful to someone.
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
More reviews for: Zoloft, Fever
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I am a Type 1 diabetic on insulin pump therapy with the continuous glucose monitoring link. I also take a Sertraline pill a day to take the edge off, but do not always take it on time during the hectic weekends/holidays. The past 2 days (day 3 and 4 of Tamiflu medication) had episodes where my blood ...
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
More related studies for: Zoloft, Fever
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.