Review: could Zoloft cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 74,036 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,128 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,398 Zoloft users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 74,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 4,402 people (5.95%) have Headache.
Time on Zoloft when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Zoloft * :
Severity of Headache when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (916 people, 20.81%)
- Anxiety (352 people, 8.00%)
- Pain (284 people, 6.45%)
- Hypertension (211 people, 4.79%)
- Bipolar disorder (142 people, 3.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (516 people, 11.72%)
- Xanax (477 people, 10.84%)
- Neurontin (387 people, 8.79%)
- Prilosec (382 people, 8.68%)
- Lipitor (381 people, 8.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.