Home > Zoloft > Headache > Zoloft and Headache
Review: could Zoloft cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 73,892 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,122 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache >>>
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 78,239 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,214,769 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 73,879 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 4,397 people (5.95%) have Headache.
Time on Zoloft when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Zoloft * :
Severity of Headache when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (913 people, 20.76%)
- Anxiety (351 people, 7.98%)
- Pain (283 people, 6.44%)
- Hypertension (211 people, 4.80%)
- Bipolar disorder (142 people, 3.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (516 people, 11.74%)
- Xanax (477 people, 10.85%)
- Neurontin (387 people, 8.80%)
- Prilosec (382 people, 8.69%)
- Lipitor (380 people, 8.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- Is sleep walking a side effect of taking zoloft
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Sleep Walking, and takes Zoloft, Tridione)
my daughter was on Zoloft and claims she was sleep walking. I'm wondering is this is true because she said it was from the Zoloft and I just need to find out . if Zoloft can cause a person to sleep walk.
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
More questions for: Zoloft, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Sore Throat, and takes Sertraline)
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has U.t.i. And Yeast Infection , and takes Zoloft)
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
More reviews for: Zoloft, Headache
- A study of side effects of Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Have had headache for 2 weeks. My neck and back both hurt..just a general not good feeling
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Opana, Opana Er, Zoloft, Restoril, Pristiq, Enbrel for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Enzyme Supplementation, Breakthrough Pain, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Itching, Flank Pain
Comments: Symptoms began 4 days ago with left flank pain and now I have burning, itching, and sensitivity to touch over the area which began 1 day ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression - Adolescents. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: OCD like twitching and involuntary movements
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression - Elderly. The patient has Xanax
Comments: Lipitor, inderal. Have dry throat and mouth
More related studies for: Zoloft, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.