Review: could Zoloft cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 73,928 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,398 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 78,283 users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Headache 199,069 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 73,928 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 4,398 people (5.95%) have Headache.
Time on Zoloft when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Zoloft * :
Severity of Headache when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (913 people, 20.76%)
- Anxiety (352 people, 8.00%)
- Pain (283 people, 6.43%)
- Hypertension (211 people, 4.80%)
- Bipolar disorder (142 people, 3.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (516 people, 11.73%)
- Xanax (477 people, 10.85%)
- Neurontin (387 people, 8.80%)
- Prilosec (382 people, 8.69%)
- Lipitor (380 people, 8.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Zoloft, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
More reviews for: Zoloft, Headache
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I am a Type 1 diabetic on insulin pump therapy with the continuous glucose monitoring link. I also take a Sertraline pill a day to take the edge off, but do not always take it on time during the hectic weekends/holidays. The past 2 days (day 3 and 4 of Tamiflu medication) had episodes where my blood ...
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
More related studies for: Zoloft, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.