Review: could Zoloft cause Headache - tension (Tension headache)?
Summary: Headache - tension is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 74,053 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Headache - tension. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache - tension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache - tension >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,420 Zoloft users)
Headache - tension
Headache - tension (head pain due to tension) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety, birth control. (latest reports from 2,012 Headache - tension patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 39 people (0.05%) have Headache - Tension.
Time on Zoloft when people have Headache - tension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Headache - tension||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Headache - tension when taking Zoloft * :
|Headache - tension||0.00%||0.00%||2.27%||20.45%||4.55%||18.18%||38.64%||15.91% |
Severity of Headache - tension when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Headache - tension||40.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Headache - tension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Headache - tension||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (18 people, 46.15%)
- Depression (16 people, 41.03%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 33.33%)
- Hypersensitivity (10 people, 25.64%)
- Restless legs syndrome (10 people, 25.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (15 people, 38.46%)
- Norvasc (14 people, 35.90%)
- Prilosec (14 people, 35.90%)
- Claritin (12 people, 30.77%)
- Lexapro (11 people, 28.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and headache - tension on
Do you have Headache - Tension while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Headache - Tension
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Headache - Tension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 40-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, High Blood Glucose Level
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Vyvanse for a 16-year old girl with Depression, Adhd. The patient has Anorexia Nervosa, Anorexia
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Ramipril, Sertraline for a 52-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Hot Flushes, Cough, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Abilify for a 51-year old woman with Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Temperature Intolerance, Tremor, Anxiety, Headache, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Cervical Dystonia
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Zoloft, Gabapentin, Indomethacin, Morphine, Plaquenil, Arava for a 34-year old woman with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Depression, Nerve Injury, Inflammation, Back Injury, Lupus.
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Sertraline for a 35-year old woman who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Zoloft, Pristiq for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.