Review: could Zoloft cause Heart attack?
Summary: Heart attack is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vioxx, and have Depression.
We study 74,053 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,440 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Heart attack >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,414 Zoloft users)
Heart attack has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 131,796 Heart attack patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 1,440 people (1.94%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Zoloft when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||13.33%||41.33%||1.33%||6.67%||18.67%||17.33%||1.33% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Zoloft * :
|Heart attack||0.07%||0.00%||0.07%||0.66%||4.88%||20.98%||25.49%||47.85% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart attack||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (234 people, 16.25%)
- Arthritis (143 people, 9.93%)
- Anxiety (131 people, 9.10%)
- Pain (114 people, 7.92%)
- Hypertension (77 people, 5.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (428 people, 29.72%)
- Lipitor (280 people, 19.44%)
- Aspirin (212 people, 14.72%)
- Plavix (197 people, 13.68%)
- Avandia (169 people, 11.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and heart attack on
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Heart Attack
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Heart Attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.