Review: could Zoloft cause High cholesterol (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High cholesterol is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 74,036 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,808 have High cholesterol. Find out below who they are, when they have High cholesterol and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have High cholesterol >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,398 Zoloft users)
High cholesterol has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia, pain. (latest reports from 171,941 High cholesterol patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 1,808 people (2.44%) have High Cholesterol.
Time on Zoloft when people have High cholesterol * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High cholesterol||1.62%||25.95%||19.46%||13.51%||22.70%||9.19%||7.57% |
Age of people who have High cholesterol when taking Zoloft * :
|High cholesterol||0.29%||0.05%||2.21%||4.86%||11.88%||31.46%||26.21%||23.04% |
Severity of High cholesterol when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High cholesterol ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||75.00%||25.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (928 people, 51.33%)
- Anxiety (394 people, 21.79%)
- Bipolar disorder (273 people, 15.10%)
- Hypertension (203 people, 11.23%)
- Sleep disorder (197 people, 10.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (720 people, 39.82%)
- Lipitor (468 people, 25.88%)
- Xanax (387 people, 21.40%)
- Vioxx (335 people, 18.53%)
- Zyprexa (327 people, 18.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Cholesterol while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have High Cholesterol
- support group for people who take Zoloft
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 40-year old woman with Major Depression. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (headache that has characteristics of both a tension headache and a migraine headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of side effects of Ranitidine for a 65-year old man with Stomach Discomfort. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Focalin Xr, Zoloft, Intuniv for a 11-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.