Home > Zoloft > Hot flashes > Zoloft and Hot flashes
Review: could Zoloft cause Hot flashes?
We study 73,864 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Hot flashes. Find out below who they are, when they have Hot flashes and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Hot flashes >>>
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 78,183 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Hot flashes (latest reports from 1,795 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 73,812 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Hot Flashes.
Time on Zoloft when people have Hot flashes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hot flashes||9.09%||36.36%||36.36%||0.00%||18.18%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hot flashes when taking Zoloft * :
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||36.36%||27.27%||27.27%||0.00% |
Severity of Hot flashes when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hot flashes||9.09%||36.36%||45.45%||9.09% |
How people recovered from Hot flashes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (6 people, 54.55%)
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis (1 people, 9.09%)
- Heartburn (1 people, 9.09%)
- Birth control (1 people, 9.09%)
- Adhd (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yaz (2 people, 18.18%)
- Suboxone (2 people, 18.18%)
- Focalin (1 people, 9.09%)
- Adderall xr 20 (1 people, 9.09%)
- Nexium (1 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hot Flashes while taking Zoloft?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Hot Flashes
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I just started taking zoloft and now I have the worst hot flashes and night sweats. Is this a side effect?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zoloft, Hot flashes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
More reviews for: Zoloft, Hot flashes
On eHealthMe, Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Zoloft is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zoloft used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (14 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (40 minutes ago)
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Libido Increased
- Inflammation and Meloxicam
- Pain and Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (40 minutes ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (52 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Physiolyte In Plastic Container
- Trazodone Hydrochloride Actavis Elizabeth 50mg