Review: could Zoloft cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 74,053 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,071 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Loss of appetite >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,420 Zoloft users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,340 Loss of appetite patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 74,053 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 1,071 people (1.45%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Zoloft when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||30.67%||28.00%||10.67%||14.67%||9.33%||1.33%||5.33% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Zoloft * :
|Loss of appetite||0.10%||1.11%||5.88%||3.65%||9.63%||16.51%||25.53%||37.59% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||7.69%||53.85%||38.46%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (288 people, 26.89%)
- Anxiety (135 people, 12.61%)
- Pain (79 people, 7.38%)
- Bipolar disorder (70 people, 6.54%)
- Breast cancer (70 people, 6.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (188 people, 17.55%)
- Aredia (186 people, 17.37%)
- Aspirin (180 people, 16.81%)
- Synthroid (139 people, 12.98%)
- Xanax (131 people, 12.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and loss of appetite on
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depressed Mood
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Sertraline for a 46-year old man who has Panic Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.