Review: could Zoloft cause Memory impairment (Memory loss)?
Summary: Memory impairment is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 74,036 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,680 have Memory impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory impairment and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Memory impairment >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,398 Zoloft users)
Memory impairment has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,452 Memory impairment patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 74,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 1,679 people (2.27%) have Memory Impairment.
Time on Zoloft when people have Memory impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory impairment||14.80%||30.94%||10.31%||15.25%||13.00%||8.52%||7.17% |
Age of people who have Memory impairment when taking Zoloft * :
|Memory impairment||0.07%||0.13%||3.46%||8.60%||14.15%||26.60%||18.90%||28.10% |
Severity of Memory impairment when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||6.90%||44.83%||41.38%||6.90% |
How people recovered from Memory impairment ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||7.14%||92.86% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (605 people, 36.03%)
- Anxiety (217 people, 12.92%)
- Pain (168 people, 10.01%)
- Insomnia (95 people, 5.66%)
- Hypertension (88 people, 5.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (298 people, 17.75%)
- Ambien (232 people, 13.82%)
- Aspirin (197 people, 11.73%)
- Lipitor (185 people, 11.02%)
- Neurontin (184 people, 10.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and memory impairment on
Do you have Memory Impairment while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Memory Impairment
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Memory Impairment
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 28-year old man with Antidepressant Therapy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of side effects of Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Fibromyalgia.
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 59-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Zoloft for a 38-year old woman with Toothache, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Skin Spots - Red
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.