Review: could Zoloft cause Migraines (Migraine)?
Summary: Migraines is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 74,036 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 564 have Migraines. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraines and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Migraines >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,398 Zoloft users)
Migraines (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 47,237 Migraines patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 564 people (0.76%) have Migraines.
Time on Zoloft when people have Migraines * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Migraines when taking Zoloft * :
Severity of Migraines when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Migraines ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (206 people, 36.52%)
- Anxiety (115 people, 20.39%)
- Migraine (106 people, 18.79%)
- Pain (95 people, 16.84%)
- Contraception (44 people, 7.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (90 people, 15.96%)
- Wellbutrin (70 people, 12.41%)
- Vicodin (67 people, 11.88%)
- Seroquel (66 people, 11.70%)
- Effexor (63 people, 11.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraines while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Migraines
- support group for people who take Zoloft
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 41-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Mass, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Prozac for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Focalin Xr, Zoloft, Intuniv for a 11-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.