Review: could Zoloft cause Muscle fatigue?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 71,341 people who take Zoloft. Among them, 4,046 have Muscle fatigue. See who they are, when they have Muscle fatigue and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 77,890 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Zoloft include depression, stress and anxiety, nausea, nausea aggravated, depression aggravated.
Muscle fatigue (a condition in which muscles cannot exert their normal force) (latest reports from 1,305,683 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 71,341 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 4,046 people (5.67%) have Muscle Fatigue. They amount to 0.31% of all the 1,302,609 people who have Muscle Fatigue.
Time on Zoloft when people have Muscle fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle fatigue||36.22%||27.57%||2.70%||9.19%||14.59%||7.03%||2.70% |
Age of people who have Muscle fatigue when taking Zoloft * :
|Muscle fatigue||0.06%||0.06%||2.18%||3.76%||11.52%||18.34%||24.12%||39.97% |
Severity of Muscle fatigue when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle fatigue||8.00%||60.00%||32.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle fatigue||8.33%||0.00%||91.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (599 people, 14.80%)
- Pain (340 people, 8.40%)
- Anxiety (241 people, 5.96%)
- Osteoporosis (198 people, 4.89%)
- Hypertension (189 people, 4.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (635 people, 15.69%)
- Xanax (520 people, 12.85%)
- Ambien (455 people, 11.25%)
- Lipitor (441 people, 10.90%)
- Zometa (415 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Zoloft, Muscle fatigue
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Zoloft is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zoloft used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Zoloft side effects from A to Z:
Browse Zoloft drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Just have weakness and pain in one arm
From this study (2 months ago):
After breaking 3 ribs in 6 months I stopped taking Zoloft and Fosamax 2011 In July 2013 had a rapid onset of severe blurry right eye. Comes and goes. Cause not determined. July 2013 forearms burning tingle sensation, short duration. Dec. 2013 arms, legs, face tingle like sunburn, numb big toes, right eye blurry, more frequent.
From this study (10 months ago):
Patient had a stroke 17 years ago.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- After being on zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years, i now notice multiple side effects and i want to get off
I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years for chronic depression. When I first started taking Zoloft, it made a huge positive impact on my life. It was a miracle drug for me. I believe it saved my life.
Ten or so years ago it suddenly stopped working. My doctor had me try several other S ...
- Does taking zoloft cause you to shoplift?
Have been taking 200mg zoloft for anxiety/ depression for a few years now, anxiety is under control and depression but I am now shoplifting, my finances are okay ? I go into a trance and don't care and shoplift items I can afford and don't really need, I feel so bad after doing it, I don't have a cr ...
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
More questions for: Zoloft, Muscle fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
- Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
More reviews for: Zoloft, Muscle fatigue
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Panic Disorder. The patient has Weakness, Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Fosamax for a patient with Anxiety, Osteoporosis. The patient has Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Vision Blurred, Numbness And Tingling
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Advair Diskus 250/50, Zoloft, Ditropan, Lipitor for a patient with Stroke Secondary To Atherosclerosis, Copd, Depression - Elderly, Enlarged Prostate, Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Weakness, Muscle Weakness Aggravated (Weakness), Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin-sr, Zoloft for a patient with Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression. The patient has Chest Pain, Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Arthralgia (Joint pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Sinemet, Toprol-xl, Uroxatral, Proscar, Imdur, Lipitor, Zoloft, B-12, Zantac 75 for a patient with Parkinson's Disease, Arrhythmia, Urine Flow Decreased, Enlarged Prostate, Clogged Arteries, Depression - Elderly, Energy Increased, Indigestion. The patient has Confusion, Weakness, Loss Of Libido, Spurred Rye
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a patient with Sleep Disorder Therapy, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Nausea And Vomiting, Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Lovastatin, Alendronate Sodium for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Ocd, Stomach Acid Test, High Blood Cholesterol, Osteoporosis. The patient has Weakness, Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), All Over Unhealthy Feeling, Energy Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Adalat Cc for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Weakness (Weakness)
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril for a patient with Depression, Heart Rate Irregular, Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness, Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Concerta, Zoloft, Zoloft, Diflucan, Lasix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Pmdd, Depression - Chronic, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Hereditary Angioedema. The patient has Swelling, Constipation, Weight Gain (Weight increased), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Muscle Spasms, Cognitive Deterioration
More related studies for: Zoloft, Muscle fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.