Home > Zoloft > Skin rash > Zoloft and Skin rash
Review: could Zoloft cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 73,892 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,804 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Skin rash >>>
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 78,239 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Skin rash (redness) (latest reports from 976,061 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 73,879 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 1,804 people (2.44%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Zoloft when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||45.71%||17.14%||12.86%||5.00%||9.29%||6.43%||3.57% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Zoloft * :
|Skin rash||0.11%||0.40%||4.32%||3.69%||9.31%||21.47%||26.75%||33.96% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||11.54%||50.00%||34.62%||3.85% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||6.25%||93.75% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (431 people, 23.89%)
- Anxiety (248 people, 13.75%)
- Pain (243 people, 13.47%)
- Bipolar disorder (175 people, 9.70%)
- Osteoporosis (121 people, 6.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (301 people, 16.69%)
- Prevacid (263 people, 14.58%)
- Zometa (225 people, 12.47%)
- Neurontin (225 people, 12.47%)
- Prednisone (204 people, 11.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is sleep walking a side effect of taking zoloft
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Sleep Walking, and takes Zoloft, Tridione)
my daughter was on Zoloft and claims she was sleep walking. I'm wondering is this is true because she said it was from the Zoloft and I just need to find out . if Zoloft can cause a person to sleep walk.
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft?
Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
- Can anyone comment on recurrent depressions in fall and spring
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Depression, Recurrent Depressions, and takes Zoloft)
for many years i suffer depression twice a year spring and fall
More questions for: Zoloft, Skin rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Sore Throat, and takes Sertraline)
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has U.t.i. And Yeast Infection , and takes Zoloft)
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Brain Hemorrhage, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Partial Seizures, and takes Zoloft, Klonopin, Topamax)
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
More reviews for: Zoloft, Skin rash
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Opana, Opana Er, Zoloft, Restoril, Pristiq, Enbrel for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Enzyme Supplementation, Breakthrough Pain, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Itching, Flank Pain
Comments: Symptoms began 4 days ago with left flank pain and now I have burning, itching, and sensitivity to touch over the area which began 1 day ago.
- A study of side effects of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Cellulitis. The patient has Rash (redness), Cellulitis Streptococcal (deep skin soft tissue infection by bacteria)
Comments: flareups about twice a year. My cousins on both sides of my family have fibromyagia and I am suspicious that I may also. I want to know if these two diseases are realted
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression - Adolescents. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: OCD like twitching and involuntary movements
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Skin Rash (redness)
Comments: The rash on my back started peeling off.
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Bronchial Infection. The patient has Rash (redness)
Comments: red raised lumps
More related studies for: Zoloft, Skin rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.