Review: could Zoloft cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 74,053 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,022 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,414 Zoloft users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,867 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 1,022 people (1.38%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Zoloft when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||38.92%||19.46%||7.57%||11.89%||11.35%||8.65%||2.16% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Zoloft * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.73%||3.21%||5.60%||13.99%||28.60%||24.97%||22.90% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||31.58%||36.84%||31.58% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (353 people, 34.54%)
- Anxiety (190 people, 18.59%)
- Pain (151 people, 14.77%)
- Bipolar disorder (67 people, 6.56%)
- Hypertension (67 people, 6.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (179 people, 17.51%)
- Xanax (155 people, 15.17%)
- Aspirin (148 people, 14.48%)
- Oxycontin (137 people, 13.41%)
- Wellbutrin (132 people, 12.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and sweating - excessive on
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depressed Mood
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.