Home > Zoloft > Tinnitus > Zoloft and Tinnitus
Review: could Zoloft cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 73,892 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 567 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Tinnitus >>>
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 78,239 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,561 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 73,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 570 people (0.77%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Zoloft when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Zoloft * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (129 people, 22.63%)
- Anxiety (57 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (17 people, 2.98%)
- Panic attack (13 people, 2.28%)
- Constipation (12 people, 2.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (62 people, 10.88%)
- Aspirin (52 people, 9.12%)
- Lipitor (51 people, 8.95%)
- Ambien (44 people, 7.72%)
- Premarin (44 people, 7.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Is sleep walking a side effect of taking zoloft
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Sleep Walking, and takes Zoloft, Tridione)
my daughter was on Zoloft and claims she was sleep walking. I'm wondering is this is true because she said it was from the Zoloft and I just need to find out . if Zoloft can cause a person to sleep walk.
- Have you taken levothyroxine and noticed a ringing in your eyes after taking the medication.
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Never had ringing before taking Levothyroxine for thyroid problem.If you have experienced the same please respond when and if you had the same.Thanks
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
More questions for: Zoloft, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Sore Throat, and takes Sertraline)
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has U.t.i. And Yeast Infection , and takes Zoloft)
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
More reviews for: Zoloft, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression - Adolescents. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: OCD like twitching and involuntary movements
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression - Elderly. The patient has Xanax
Comments: Lipitor, inderal. Have dry throat and mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Panic Attacks. The patient has Breast Pain, Hair Loss, Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: urinary tract infections began within the last year and occur every 2 months
hair loss and breast pain began about 2 years ago
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify for a patient with Compulsions. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Compulsive Sexual Behaviour, Compulsive Shopping, Compulsive Hair Pulling
Comments: started in early September 2014
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Aspirin, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Depression. The patient has Hypothermia
Comments: Body temp ranges between 34.1 to 35.7C
sessions of shivering
More related studies for: Zoloft, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.