Zoloft and Tinnitus - from FDA reports
Tinnitus is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Zoloft. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,764 people who have side effects when taking Zoloft from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
95,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft.
Among them, 677 people (0.71%) have Tinnitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zoloft when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 21.92 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.96 %
- 10+ years: 6.85 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Zoloft *:
- female: 64.57 %
- male: 35.43 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Zoloft *:
- 0-1: 0.22 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.32 %
- 20-29: 7.03 %
- 30-39: 15.6 %
- 40-49: 23.96 %
- 50-59: 25.93 %
- 60+: 25.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (18 people, 2.66%)
- High Blood Pressure (13 people, 1.92%)
- Constipation (13 people, 1.92%)
- Metastases To Bone (12 people, 1.77%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (12 people, 1.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (66 people, 9.75%)
- Lipitor (58 people, 8.57%)
- Ambien (54 people, 7.98%)
- Fosamax (47 people, 6.94%)
- Zometa (44 people, 6.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (190 people, 28.06%)
- Nausea (153 people, 22.60%)
- Headache (129 people, 19.05%)
- Fatigue (123 people, 18.17%)
- Weakness (101 people, 14.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus when taking Zoloft?
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 102,747 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).