Review: could Zoloft cause Urinary frequency or urgency (Frequent or urgent urination)?
Summary: Urinary frequency or urgency is reported only by a few people who take Zoloft.
We study 73,928 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Urinary frequency or urgency. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary frequency or urgency and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Urinary frequency or urgency >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 78,283 users)
Urinary frequency or urgency
Urinary frequency or urgency has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease.(latest reports from Urinary frequency or urgency 392 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 73,892 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Urinary Frequency Or Urgency.
Time on Zoloft when people have Urinary frequency or urgency * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary frequency or urgency||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary frequency or urgency when taking Zoloft * :
|Urinary frequency or urgency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Urinary frequency or urgency when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary frequency or urgency||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary frequency or urgency ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary frequency or urgency||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain - back (1 people, 25.00%)
- Major depressive disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nerve block (1 people, 25.00%)
- Pmdd (1 people, 25.00%)
- Depressed mood (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Abilify (1 people, 25.00%)
- Percocet (1 people, 25.00%)
- Protonix (1 people, 25.00%)
- Wellbutrin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Zocor (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Frequency Or Urgency while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Urinary Frequency Or Urgency
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Urinary Frequency Or Urgency
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Zoloft, Urinary frequency or urgency
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Penicillin caused dysuria, frequency, urgency
Urinary symptoms began 2-3 days after beginning Pen-V-K by mouth. Did not have these previously.
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax (1 response)
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I began to feel more energetic and started losing weight. For the first time in years I woke up in the morning feeling zippy. I started feeling euphoric sometimes. I started to feel like I was glowing with life. I became so energetic I was like someone in a manic state. My temper got shorter and I began to hallucinate. I started to see angels and/or feel their presence. I live in a big city and there are a lot of people who are pretty mean here and I decided I wasn't going to let any of them push me around. I wasn't diplomatic anymore with anyone. Basically everyone thought I had gone crazy and I guess I had.
My psychiatrist saw me and told my neurologist to "Get Her Off The Topamax!" After I stopped taking it and was more my normal tired self, my psychiatrist told me that I had been psychotic and that I had scared him. Unfortunately, after I stopped taking topamax I gained back the 30 pounds I had lost and none of my new clothes fit me. My doctors told me that they had never seen Topamax affect anyone the way it had affected me. They said it usually makes people more sedated. Hopefully, sharing my experience with Topamax will be helpful to someone.
More reviews for: Zoloft, Urinary frequency or urgency
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I am a Type 1 diabetic on insulin pump therapy with the continuous glucose monitoring link. I also take a Sertraline pill a day to take the edge off, but do not always take it on time during the hectic weekends/holidays. The past 2 days (day 3 and 4 of Tamiflu medication) had episodes where my blood ...
- I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
More related studies for: Zoloft, Urinary frequency or urgency
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.