Review: could Zoloft cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 74,036 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 546 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,398 Zoloft users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 546 people (0.74%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Zoloft when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||19.05%||38.10%||4.76%||7.14%||16.67%||7.14%||7.14% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Zoloft * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.83%||4.78%||3.74%||10.81%||14.35%||23.70%||41.79% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||20.00%||33.33%||46.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||14.29%||0.00%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (93 people, 17.03%)
- Anxiety (54 people, 9.89%)
- Pain (40 people, 7.33%)
- Breast cancer (27 people, 4.95%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (26 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (111 people, 20.33%)
- Xanax (108 people, 19.78%)
- Aspirin (85 people, 15.57%)
- Zometa (80 people, 14.65%)
- Ambien (78 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 28-year old man with Antidepressant Therapy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of side effects of Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Fibromyalgia.
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 59-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.