Review: could Zolpidem tartrate cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
Summary: Dysphagia is found among people who take Zolpidem tartrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Cephalexin, and have Pain.
We study 11,353 people who have side effects while taking Zolpidem tartrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 136 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zolpidem tartrate and have Dysphagia >>>
Zolpidem tartrate has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 11,924 Zolpidem tartrate users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 36,358 Dysphagia patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 11,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Zolpidem tartrate. Among them, 136 people (1.20%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Zolpidem tartrate when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Zolpidem tartrate * :
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Zolpidem tartrate * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Zolpidem tartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (18 people, 13.24%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 11.76%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 9.56%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (13 people, 9.56%)
- Bone lesion (13 people, 9.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cephalexin (32 people, 23.53%)
- Ambien (30 people, 22.06%)
- Ativan (28 people, 20.59%)
- Zometa (28 people, 20.59%)
- Coumadin (27 people, 19.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Zolpidem Tartrate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zolpidem tartrate and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Zolpidem tartrate
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Lipitor, AMBIEN, Sertraline for a 59-year old woman with Meralgia Paraesthetica, Heartburn - Chronic, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Le Cells, Cd8 Lymphocytes, Neutrophilia
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Aspirin, Fish Oil, Celexa, Enalapril Maleate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall 30, Plavix, Imdur for a 71-year old man with Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Adhd, Angina - Unstable. The patient has Irritability, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Teeth Brittle
- A study of drug interactions between Estrace, Ambien Cr, Cymbalta, Buspar, Acyclovir, Klonopin, Trileptal for a 36-year old woman with Postmenopause, Insomnia, Depression Postmenopausal, Anxiety Disorder, Herpes Simplex - Genital, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Emotional Disorder, Mental Status Changes, Fatigue, Stretch Marks, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Buffalo Hump
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 25-year old woman with Bipolar 2. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
Recent Zolpidem tartrate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Halcion, Dalmane, Ambien for a 51-year old man who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.