Home > Zolpidem > Hair loss > Zolpidem and Hair loss
Review: could Zolpidem cause Hair loss?
We study 24,400 people who have side effects while taking Zolpidem from FDA and social media. Among them, 156 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zolpidem and have Hair loss >>>
Zolpidem (latest outcomes from 25,525 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Sep, 10, 2014: 24,392 people reported to have side effects when taking Zolpidem. Among them, 156 people (0.64%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Zolpidem when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||47.37%||21.05%||5.26%||15.79%||5.26%||0.00%||5.26% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Zolpidem * :
|Hair loss||88.62%||11.38% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Zolpidem * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.90%||10.49%||13.99%||25.17%||45.45% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Zolpidem ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (30 people, 19.23%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 9.62%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 8.97%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 8.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 6.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zolpidem tartrate (82 people, 52.56%)
- Omeprazole (21 people, 13.46%)
- Prednisone (18 people, 11.54%)
- Gabapentin (17 people, 10.90%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (16 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Zolpidem?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Zolpidem and have Hair Loss
- group for people who take Zolpidem
- group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
Hair loss is not a genetic trait in my family and have lost a noticeable amount of hair on the top of my head
From this study (4 years ago):
vomiting, nausea, hair loss, unexplained weight loss, acne, iregular periods
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zolpidem, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Zolpidem, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Zolpidem (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Zolpidem is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zolpidem used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (43 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Salt Craving
- Pagets Disease Of Penis
- Taurine Ketoisocaproic Acid