Home > Zolpidem > Hair loss > Zolpidem and Hair loss
Review: could Zolpidem cause Hair loss?
We study 24,400 people who have side effects while taking Zolpidem from FDA and social media. Among them, 156 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zolpidem and have Hair loss >>>
Zolpidem (latest outcomes from 25,533 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 24,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Zolpidem. Among them, 156 people (0.64%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Zolpidem when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||47.37%||21.05%||5.26%||15.79%||5.26%||0.00%||5.26% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Zolpidem * :
|Hair loss||88.62%||11.38% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Zolpidem * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.90%||10.49%||13.99%||25.17%||45.45% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Zolpidem ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (30 people, 19.23%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 9.62%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 8.97%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 8.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 6.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zolpidem tartrate (82 people, 52.56%)
- Omeprazole (21 people, 13.46%)
- Prednisone (18 people, 11.54%)
- Gabapentin (17 people, 10.90%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (16 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Zolpidem?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zolpidem and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Zolpidem
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
Hair loss is not a genetic trait in my family and have lost a noticeable amount of hair on the top of my head
From this study (4 years ago):
vomiting, nausea, hair loss, unexplained weight loss, acne, iregular periods
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zolpidem, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Zolpidem, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Zolpidem (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Zolpidem is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zolpidem used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Calcium Gluconate
- Second Degree Burn
- Upper Limb Deformity