Review: could Zonisamide cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Drug withdrawal syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Zonisamide.
We study 2,554 people who have side effects while taking Zonisamide from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zonisamide and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Zonisamide has active ingredients of zonisamide. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 2,693 Zonisamide users)
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity. (latest reports from 32,678 Drug withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 2,554 people reported to have side effects when taking Zonisamide. Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Zonisamide when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Zonisamide * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Zonisamide * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Aggression (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (2 people, 66.67%)
- Pepcid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Risperidone (1 people, 33.33%)
- Carbamazepine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tizanidine hcl (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Zonisamide and drug withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Zonisamide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zonisamide and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Zonisamide
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zonisamide for a 33-year old man with Migraine Without Aura. The patient has Pain Inflammation Activated, Painful Red Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Tegretol, Zonisamide for a 29-year old woman with Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Stress Symptoms
- A study of side effects of Zonisamide for a 66-year old woman with Headache. The patient has Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system)
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Atenolol, Sertraline, Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Crestor, Metformin, Zonisamide, Vimpat, Gabapentin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Chest Pain, Angina, Heart Rate Decreased, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Fluid Retention, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes, Neuropathy. The patient has Blurred Vision, Urination - Bed Wetting, Pain - Back, Bloating, Headache, Foot Pain, Pain - Leg
- A study of side effects of Zonisamide for a 58-year old woman with Seizures. The patient has Subdural Haematoma (blood collects between the skull and the surface of the brain)
Recent Zonisamide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Depakote, ONFI, Zonisamide, Lamictal, Ethosuximide for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Clorazepate Dipotassium, Zonegran, Vimpat for a 15-year old boy who has Seizure Disorder
- Comparions of Zonisamide, Keppra, Onfi for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Zonisamide, Primidone for a 48-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Onfi, Keppra, Baclofen, Valium, Zonisamide for a 3-year old boy who has Seizure Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.