Home > Zonisamide > Drug withdrawal syndrome > Zonisamide and Drug withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Zonisamide cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Drug withdrawal syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Zonisamide.
We study 2,543 people who have side effects while taking Zonisamide from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zonisamide and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Zonisamide (latest outcomes from 2,684 users) has active ingredients of zonisamide. It is often used in epilepsy.
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) (latest reports from 32,657 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 2,543 people reported to have side effects when taking Zonisamide. Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Zonisamide when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Zonisamide * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Zonisamide * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Aggression (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (2 people, 66.67%)
- Pepcid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Risperidone (1 people, 33.33%)
- Carbamazepine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tizanidine hcl (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Zonisamide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zonisamide and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Zonisamide
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone experienced high glucose levels with zonisamide?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has High Glucose Levels Fasting And After Eating, and takes Zonisamide)
Just started on 200 mg; was on 150 for a week and before that, 100 mg since early Aug.
Have had flu-like symptoms for 2 days, fainted once, low b/p (stopped COQ 10 and Losartan) a month ago; extreme fatigue; loss of appetite; light-headed. Being light-headed is not new; I used to think it was low b ...
- Whether use of zonisamide drug causes gum hypertrophy as a side effect?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Gum Hypertrophy, and takes Zonisamide)
please inform whether zonisamide causes gum hypertrophy as a side effect so that our child can be given alternate drug in consultation with our neuro.
- Does zonegran have sexual side effects?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Bipolar 2, and takes Zonegran)
I currently take Topamax,lamictal and wellbutrin. I'm thinking of switching from Topamax to zonegran and I'm curious about the side effects. I do not have too much of a sex drive anymore and I would hate to make matters worse:(
- Does potiga interact with azithromycin?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Epilepsy, and takes Potiga , Zonegran, Zoloft, Azithromycin)
May have a possible bladder or prostate infection. Need an antibiotic without side effects to Potiga. Thanks.
- Having real bad chest pain after taking enbrel, should i be concerned
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Coronary Arterial Stent Insertion, Psoriatic Arthritis, Psoriasis, Diabetes Mellitus, Epilepsy, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Toprol-xl, Plavix, Nitrostat, Amlodipine, Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Zonisamide, Celexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Advair Diskus 250/50, Simvastatin, Proair Hfa, Enbrel)
I have been taking Enbrel for 4 weeks now, (sureclick 50 twice weekly), and have noticed that the chest pains have become very severe the last two times about 8 hours after the injection. Last nights chest pains were so severe that I took Nitro and kept my phone by me to call 911. My question is sim ...
More questions for: Zonisamide, Drug withdrawal syndrome
More reviews for: Zonisamide, Drug withdrawal syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
- A study of drug interactions between Zonisamide, Lamictal for a patient with Seizure Disorder. The patient has Foul-smelling Stools
Comments: Urine straw colored, no turbidity, discovered after approx. 3 months after starting Lamictal though have found no mention in its side effects. As a nurse for 20 years, have never smelled anything similar in my career. Odor is very strong and musky.
- A study of drug interactions between Dilaudid, Klonopin, Zonisamide, Lamictal for a patient with Chronic Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Joint Pain, Mood Swings, Loss Of Bladder Control, Sudden Onset Of Sleep, Seizure - Generalized
Comments: Seizures began 2 years after a MVA with a mild concussion, as Grand Mal. They reduced in severity to absence seizures with current medication regimen. I experience severe mood swings and have become so agitated I was committed to a mental health facility for evaluation at one time. Recently I awoke ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Zyrtec Allergy, Bacillus Probiotics, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Dextromorphan Hydrobromide, Cymbalta, Lasix, Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Tegretol, Gabapentin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back Injury, Seasonal Allergy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Muscle Spasms, Cough, Depression, Fluid Retention, Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. The patient has Back Injury, Back And Forth Eye Movements, Cough, Facial Nerve Disorder
Comments: 1st 3 symptoms due to a tooth extraction on 10/22/12 by an over-zealous dentist. After much effort the tooth finally came out and he exclaimed, "Most dentists would have sent a patient with a tooth like that to an oral surgeon, but I seem to have very good luck in getting them out." Little did I k ...
More related studies for: Zonisamide, Drug withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.