Home > Zonisamide > Serotonin syndrome > Zonisamide and Serotonin syndrome
Review: could Zonisamide cause Serotonin syndrome?
We study 2,542 people who have side effects while taking Zonisamide from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Serotonin syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Serotonin syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zonisamide and have Serotonin syndrome >>>
Zonisamide (latest outcomes from 2,682 users) has active ingredients of zonisamide. It is often used in epilepsy.
Serotonin syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time) (latest reports from 34,546 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 2,542 people reported to have side effects when taking Zonisamide. Among them, 9 people (0.35%) have Serotonin Syndrome.
Time on Zonisamide when people have Serotonin syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Zonisamide * :
|Serotonin syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Zonisamide * :
|Serotonin syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Serotonin syndrome when taking Zonisamide ** :
How people recovered from Serotonin syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pelvic pain (7 people, 77.78%)
- Pain (1 people, 11.11%)
- Dysuria (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prochlorperazine (8 people, 88.89%)
- Gabapentin (8 people, 88.89%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (8 people, 88.89%)
- Buspirone hcl (8 people, 88.89%)
- Promethazine (8 people, 88.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Serotonin Syndrome while taking Zonisamide?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zonisamide and have Serotonin Syndrome
- support group for people who take Zonisamide
- support group for people who have Serotonin Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone experienced high glucose levels with zonisamide?
Just started on 200 mg; was on 150 for a week and before that, 100 mg since early Aug.
Have had flu-like symptoms for 2 days, fainted once, low b/p (stopped COQ 10 and Losartan) a month ago; extreme fatigue; loss of appetite; light-headed. Being light-headed is not new; I used to think it was low b ...
- Whether use of zonisamide drug causes gum hypertrophy as a side effect?
please inform whether zonisamide causes gum hypertrophy as a side effect so that our child can be given alternate drug in consultation with our neuro.
- Does zonegran have sexual side effects?
I currently take Topamax,lamictal and wellbutrin. I'm thinking of switching from Topamax to zonegran and I'm curious about the side effects. I do not have too much of a sex drive anymore and I would hate to make matters worse:(
More questions for: Zonisamide, Serotonin syndrome
More reviews for: Zonisamide, Serotonin syndrome
On eHealthMe, Zonisamide (zonisamide) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Zonisamide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zonisamide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Zonisamide, Serotonin syndrome
Recent Zonisamide related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Zonisamide, Serotonin syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Ectopic Ureter
- Araca D'agua