Home > Zosyn > Renal failure > Zosyn and Renal failure
Review: could Zosyn cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 4,913 people who have side effects while taking Zosyn from FDA and social media. Among them, 291 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zosyn and have Renal failure >>>
Zosyn (latest outcomes from 4,937 users) has active ingredients of piperacillin sodium; tazobactam sodium. It is often used in pneumonia.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 4,913 people reported to have side effects when taking Zosyn. Among them, 291 people (5.92%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Zosyn when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||96.30%||3.70%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Zosyn * :
|Renal failure||36.86%||63.14% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Zosyn * :
|Renal failure||0.72%||0.00%||3.23%||2.15%||11.11%||12.54%||20.07%||50.18% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Zosyn ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 3.78%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (10 people, 3.44%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 3.09%)
- Pneumonia (9 people, 3.09%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (8 people, 2.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vancomycin (115 people, 39.52%)
- Lasix (100 people, 34.36%)
- Heparin (83 people, 28.52%)
- Trasylol (77 people, 26.46%)
- Aspirin (50 people, 17.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Zosyn?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zosyn and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Zosyn
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Still fighting the disease. Also having muscle twitches and heart flutters.
From this study (7 months ago):
Had to have 3 dialysis treatments.. Blood sugar went up here
From this study (8 months ago):
My father received an infusion of zometa and a three month shot of Lupron, four days later he had renal failure and was put on dialysis.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zosyn, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Zosyn, Renal failure
On eHealthMe, Zosyn (piperacillin sodium; tazobactam sodium) is often used for pneumonia. Find out below the conditions Zosyn is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zosyn used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (1 minute ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (35 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (39 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (53 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease
- Erection Problems
- High Blood Cholesterol