Zosyn and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Zosyn, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Coronary artery bypass. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Zosyn. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,996 people who have side effects when taking Zosyn from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
6,996 people reported to have side effects when taking Zosyn.
Among them, 346 people (4.95%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zosyn when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 97.44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Zosyn *:
- female: 37.65 %
- male: 62.35 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Zosyn *:
- 0-1: 0.95 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.8 %
- 20-29: 2.22 %
- 30-39: 9.18 %
- 40-49: 14.24 %
- 50-59: 18.99 %
- 60+: 50.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (43 people, 12.43%)
- Aortic Valve Replacement (23 people, 6.65%)
- Preventive Health Care (20 people, 5.78%)
- Pain (17 people, 4.91%)
- High Blood Pressure (16 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (110 people, 31.79%)
- Heparin (86 people, 24.86%)
- Trasylol (78 people, 22.54%)
- Levaquin (49 people, 14.16%)
- Fentanyl (46 people, 13.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (105 people, 30.35%)
- Injury (91 people, 26.30%)
- Stress And Anxiety (90 people, 26.01%)
- Multi-Organ Failure (73 people, 21.10%)
- Emotional Distress (64 people, 18.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Zosyn?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of piperacillin sodium; tazobactam sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Zosyn from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zosyn has active ingredients of piperacillin sodium; tazobactam sodium. It is often used in pneumonia. (latest outcomes from Zosyn 7,054 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, diabetes, coronary artery bypass, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Zosyna b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
I need to know if, while receiving ZOSYN IV, a person can take probiotics. From my research, probiotics can possibly bring a person back from confusion and memory loss brought on by a respirator, Propofol, and antibiotics. Are there any dangers in taking probiotics at the same time as ZOSYN IV?
User reviews to the study
I have Narcolepsy and my kidney function has dropped from 47 to 40 in three weeks. Anything I can do to help my kidney function improve or protect my kidneys when using stimulants. All I do is sleep around the clock when I don't medicate