Zyprexa and Insulin resistance - from FDA reports
Insulin resistance is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have Insulin resistance with Zyprexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,356 people who have side effects when taking Zyprexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 30, 2017
53,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 85 people (0.16%) have Insulin resistance
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyprexa when people have Insulin resistance *:
- < 1 month: 2.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.89 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.89 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 46.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 24.44 %
- 10+ years: 2.22 %
Gender of people who have Insulin resistance when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Insulin resistance when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.37 %
- 20-29: 6.85 %
- 30-39: 20.55 %
- 40-49: 49.32 %
- 50-59: 15.07 %
- 60+: 6.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (11 people, 12.94%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 7.06%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 7.06%)
- Sleep Disorder (5 people, 5.88%)
- Migraine (3 people, 3.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (25 people, 29.41%)
- Prozac (16 people, 18.82%)
- Depakote (13 people, 15.29%)
- Abilify (12 people, 14.12%)
- Risperdal (10 people, 11.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diabetes (47 people, 55.29%)
- Weight Increased (34 people, 40.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (29 people, 34.12%)
- Metabolic Disorder (28 people, 32.94%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (26 people, 30.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Insulin resistance when taking Zyprexa?
- Check symptoms - is insulin resistance caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInsulin resistance and drugs with ingredients of olanzapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsulin resistance and Zyprexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 54,541 users)
Insulin resistance has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, type 1 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 2,215 Insulin resistance patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyprexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Insulin resistanceInsulin resistance
Could your condition cause Insulin resistanceInsulin resistance
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Zyprexa made me a monster.. I started taking zyprexa about two years ago and changed my entire personality without me seeing it.. I am a 39 year old man and my entire life I have never been a person who was violent or angry.. I was the complete opposite to be honest.. I got married and soon ...
My father is a 47 year old, overweight male that has been diagnosed with Toxoplasmosis and CMV secondary to HIV with a CD4 count in the 100's and below at first he was given Invega and now he is taking Zyprexa, he suffers very much from dementia/deliria. Our doctors have been uncommunicative and ...
User reviews to the study
Going on month 8 of zyprexa withdrawal. Can anyone else relate? Im very lost right now! My doctor thinks im lying about my horrific withdrawals. He wont even give me anti-nausea medication, even though i'm nauseated 24/7. I have almost every withdrawal symptom imaginable. I was taking 15-20mg ...
Wow I can't believe there is a group for this! I was taking Effexor for 12 years (I'm off it now) and got insulin resistance almost right away. I reported my symptoms to many doctors but was not diagnosed until 2 months ago. The diagnosis has completely changed my life because now I know how to ...