Review: could Zyprexa cause Lose weight (Weight loss)?
Summary: Lose weight is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,196 have Lose weight. Find out below who they are, when they have Lose weight and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Lose weight >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,503 Zyprexa users)
Lose weight has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,334 Lose weight patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 1,196 people (2.79%) have Lose Weight.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Lose weight * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lose weight||7.74%||11.89%||9.46%||21.49%||31.66%||16.48%||1.29% |
Gender of people who have Lose weight when taking Zyprexa * :
|Lose weight||55.13%||44.87% |
Age of people who have Lose weight when taking Zyprexa * :
|Lose weight||0.27%||0.34%||1.86%||9.62%||29.97%||36.15%||16.01%||5.77% |
Severity of Lose weight when taking Zyprexa ** :
How people recovered from Lose weight ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (468 people, 39.13%)
- Depression (452 people, 37.79%)
- Schizophrenia (325 people, 27.17%)
- Anxiety (239 people, 19.98%)
- Insomnia (167 people, 13.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (847 people, 70.82%)
- Risperdal (538 people, 44.98%)
- Abilify (390 people, 32.61%)
- Geodon (337 people, 28.18%)
- Depakote (292 people, 24.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lose Weight while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Lose Weight
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Lose Weight
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cleocin for a 72-year old man with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 9-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Gemfibrozil for a 47-year old man with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Norvasc for a 76-year old woman with Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Angina Unstable, Weight Loss, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.