Review: could Zyprexa cause Narcotic intoxication?
Summary: Narcotic intoxication is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Propranolol, and have Psychotic disorder.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Narcotic intoxication. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic intoxication and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Narcotic intoxication >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,503 Zyprexa users)
Narcotic intoxication (a condition caused by use of narcotic agents) has been reported by people with pain, breakthrough pain, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 564 Narcotic intoxication patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 7 people (0.02%) have Narcotic Intoxication.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Narcotic intoxication * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic intoxication||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic intoxication when taking Zyprexa * :
|Narcotic intoxication||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Narcotic intoxication when taking Zyprexa * :
|Narcotic intoxication||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||0.00%||94.12%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Narcotic intoxication when taking Zyprexa ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic intoxication ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psychotic disorder (7 people, 100.00%)
- Hyperthyroidism (7 people, 100.00%)
- Respiratory depression (2 people, 28.57%)
- Acute psychosis (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Propranolol (7 people, 100.00%)
- Carbimazole (7 people, 100.00%)
- Haldol (6 people, 85.71%)
- Neurocil (6 people, 85.71%)
- Zypadhera (6 people, 85.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Zyprexa and narcotic intoxication on
Do you have Narcotic Intoxication while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Narcotic Intoxication
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Narcotic Intoxication
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a 33-year old woman with Schizophrenia, Undifferentiated Type. The patient has Paranoia
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Lithium Carbonate for a 27-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Acute, Laurazapan
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Zyprexa, Hydroxyurea for a 34-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Nerve Pain, Schizophrenia, Sickle Cell Anaemia With Crisis. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.