Review: could Zyprexa cause Polydipsia (Thirst - excessive)?
Summary: Polydipsia is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 393 have Polydipsia. Find out below who they are, when they have Polydipsia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Polydipsia >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,502 Zyprexa users)
Polydipsia (excessive thirst) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, high blood pressure, quit smoking, depression, diabetes. (latest reports from 2,768 Polydipsia patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 393 people (0.92%) have Polydipsia.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Polydipsia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Polydipsia when taking Zyprexa * :
Age of people who have Polydipsia when taking Zyprexa * :
Severity of Polydipsia when taking Zyprexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Polydipsia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (80 people, 20.36%)
- Diabetes mellitus (58 people, 14.76%)
- Blood cholesterol (58 people, 14.76%)
- Hypertension (56 people, 14.25%)
- Mental disorder (52 people, 13.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (69 people, 17.56%)
- Seroquel (68 people, 17.30%)
- Klonopin (66 people, 16.79%)
- Vistaril (65 people, 16.54%)
- Haldol (61 people, 15.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Polydipsia while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Polydipsia
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a 33-year old woman with Schizophrenia, Undifferentiated Type. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Lithium Carbonate for a 27-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Acute, Laurazapan
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Krill Oil, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a 56-year old woman with Joint Pain. The patient has Thirst - Excessive
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Alprazolam for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Buspar, Lamictal, Zyprexa, Zoloft for a 23-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.