Review: could Zyprexa cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 567 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Rash >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,502 Zyprexa users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 151,048 Rash patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 585 people (1.37%) have Rash.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Zyprexa * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Zyprexa * :
Severity of Rash when taking Zyprexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (190 people, 32.48%)
- Depression (101 people, 17.26%)
- Anxiety (99 people, 16.92%)
- Sleep disorder (96 people, 16.41%)
- Schizophrenia (94 people, 16.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (204 people, 34.87%)
- Lamictal (187 people, 31.97%)
- Zoloft (120 people, 20.51%)
- Depakote (98 people, 16.75%)
- Risperdal (90 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zyprexa and rash on
Do you have Rash while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Rash
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Alprazolam for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.