Review: could Zyprexa cause Swallowing difficulty?
Summary: Swallowing difficulty is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 503 have Swallowing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Swallowing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Swallowing difficulty >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,502 Zyprexa users)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 36,345 Swallowing difficulty patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 503 people (1.18%) have Swallowing Difficulty.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Swallowing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swallowing difficulty||51.96%||19.61%||5.88%||10.78%||6.86%||4.90%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa * :
|Swallowing difficulty||52.21%||47.79% |
Age of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa * :
|Swallowing difficulty||0.17%||1.86%||2.36%||4.56%||11.15%||15.20%||15.88%||48.82% |
Severity of Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa ** :
How people recovered from Swallowing difficulty ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (99 people, 19.68%)
- Bipolar disorder (74 people, 14.71%)
- Anxiety (52 people, 10.34%)
- Depression (48 people, 9.54%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (34 people, 6.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (90 people, 17.89%)
- Ativan (86 people, 17.10%)
- Aspirin (80 people, 15.90%)
- Risperdal (72 people, 14.31%)
- Haldol (67 people, 13.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Zyprexa and swallowing difficulty on
Do you have Swallowing Difficulty while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Swallowing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Swallowing difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of side effects of Xeloda for a 62-year old woman with Breast Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful)
- A study of side effects of Zyprexa for a 33-year old woman with Schizophrenia, Undifferentiated Type. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Lithium Carbonate for a 27-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Acute, Laurazapan
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Adderall Xr 15 for a 22-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, Adhd. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Alprazolam for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Buspar, Lamictal, Zyprexa, Zoloft for a 23-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.