Review: could Zyprexa cause Swallowing difficulty?
Summary: Swallowing difficulty is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 503 have Swallowing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Swallowing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Swallowing difficulty >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,503 Zyprexa users)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 36,353 Swallowing difficulty patients)
On Apr, 23, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 503 people (1.18%) have Swallowing Difficulty.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Swallowing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swallowing difficulty||51.96%||19.61%||5.88%||10.78%||6.86%||4.90%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa * :
|Swallowing difficulty||52.21%||47.79% |
Age of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa * :
|Swallowing difficulty||0.17%||1.86%||2.36%||4.56%||11.15%||15.20%||15.88%||48.82% |
Severity of Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa ** :
How people recovered from Swallowing difficulty ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (99 people, 19.68%)
- Bipolar disorder (74 people, 14.71%)
- Anxiety (52 people, 10.34%)
- Depression (48 people, 9.54%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (34 people, 6.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (90 people, 17.89%)
- Ativan (86 people, 17.10%)
- Aspirin (80 people, 15.90%)
- Risperdal (72 people, 14.31%)
- Haldol (67 people, 13.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zyprexa and swallowing difficulty on
Do you have Swallowing Difficulty while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Swallowing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Sertraline for a 21-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Heavy Legs, Loss Of Control Of Legs, Loss Of Appetite, Belly Ache, Slow Heart Beat, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Dry Mouth, Headache, Light Sensitivity, Sensitivity To The Cold, Neck Pain, Weakness, Tremor, Swallowing Difficulty, Muscle Aches, Shaking Palsy, Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Cefuroxime Axetil for a 15-year old boy with Fever. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 25-year old woman with Bipolar 2. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 11-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.