Review: could Zyprexa cause Swallowing difficulty?
Summary: Swallowing difficulty is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 42,786 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 504 have Swallowing difficulty. Find out below who they are, when they have Swallowing difficulty and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Swallowing difficulty >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 43,497 users)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Swallowing difficulty 36,230 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 42,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 503 people (1.18%) have Swallowing Difficulty.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Swallowing difficulty * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swallowing difficulty||51.96%||19.61%||5.88%||10.78%||6.86%||4.90%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa * :
|Swallowing difficulty||52.21%||47.79% |
Age of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa * :
|Swallowing difficulty||0.17%||1.86%||2.36%||4.56%||11.15%||15.20%||15.88%||48.82% |
Severity of Swallowing difficulty when taking Zyprexa ** :
How people recovered from Swallowing difficulty ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (99 people, 19.68%)
- Bipolar disorder (74 people, 14.71%)
- Anxiety (52 people, 10.34%)
- Depression (48 people, 9.54%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (34 people, 6.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (90 people, 17.89%)
- Ativan (86 people, 17.10%)
- Aspirin (80 people, 15.90%)
- Risperdal (72 people, 14.31%)
- Haldol (67 people, 13.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swallowing Difficulty while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Swallowing Difficulty
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can anyone tell me what is going on with my teeth?they are decaying and cracking at warp speed?i've been taking zyprexa,solian,cymbalta....
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Tooth Loss, and takes Zyprexa )
I live in Eastern Europe,and the level of psychiatric treatmeant is low.They proscribe a drug for everything.
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression With Psychotic Features, Bilateral Multilobar Pneumonia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Zyprexa, Methotrexate)
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Schizophrenia, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Enlarged Prostate, Weight Gain - Unintentional, and takes Fluvoxamine Maleate, Zyprexa Zydis, Micardis)
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- I am taking olanzapine,imipramine and paramipexol to control movements hd are they compatible? gloria candia email psucaf@hotmail.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has HD Chorea Movements, and takes Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Olanzapine)
Trying to mitigate chorea movements in HD. Taking olanzapine 5mg/day, imipramite 25mg/day, pramipexol 0.50mg/day ,and biperid clorhydrate 2mg/day. Are these drugs compatible with each other. Paramipexol is more indicated for Parekinson Would it not be counterindicated for HD movements?
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Impaired Swallowing, Difficulty Swallowing, and takes Avapro, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
More questions for: Zyprexa, Swallowing difficulty
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Olanzepine withdrawal (1 response)
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Depression, and takes Adderall, Cymbalta, Zyprexa)
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
More reviews for: Zyprexa, Swallowing difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Clonidine for a patient with Depression, Flushing. The patient has Neck Pain, Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: I had been taking Zoloft for approximately two weeks. Within a week, I started having difficulty swallowing. Felt like something lodge in throat. I have been off the medication for approximately 2 days, and the symptoms have decreased but not fully.
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
More related studies for: Zyprexa, Swallowing difficulty
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.