Review: could Zyprexa cause Tremor?
Summary: Tremor is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,102 have Tremor. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Tremor >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,502 Zyprexa users)
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 70,872 Tremor patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 1,102 people (2.58%) have Tremor.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Zyprexa * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Zyprexa * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Zyprexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (195 people, 17.70%)
- Depression (146 people, 13.25%)
- Schizophrenia (124 people, 11.25%)
- Anxiety (84 people, 7.62%)
- Bipolar i disorder (78 people, 7.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (245 people, 22.23%)
- Depakote (222 people, 20.15%)
- Risperdal (172 people, 15.61%)
- Zoloft (147 people, 13.34%)
- Haldol (141 people, 12.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zyprexa and tremor on
Do you have Tremor while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Tremor
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Ramipril, Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Depression, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar. The patient has Finger Pain, Sweating Fever, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 56-year old woman with Depression, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Tremor
- A study of side effects of Zopiclone for a 57-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Lisinopril, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman with Mood, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Sleeplessness. The patient has Tremor
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Alprazolam for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Buspar, Lamictal, Zyprexa, Zoloft for a 23-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.