Home > Zyprexa > Tremor > Zyprexa and Tremor
Review: could Zyprexa cause Tremor?
Summary: Tremor is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 42,786 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,102 have Tremor. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Tremor >>>
Zyprexa (latest outcomes from 43,495 users) has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) (latest reports from 70,421 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 42,784 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 1,102 people (2.58%) have Tremor.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Zyprexa * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Zyprexa * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Zyprexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (195 people, 17.70%)
- Depression (146 people, 13.25%)
- Schizophrenia (124 people, 11.25%)
- Anxiety (84 people, 7.62%)
- Bipolar i disorder (78 people, 7.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (245 people, 22.23%)
- Depakote (222 people, 20.15%)
- Risperdal (172 people, 15.61%)
- Zoloft (147 people, 13.34%)
- Haldol (141 people, 12.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tremor while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Tremor
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can anyone tell me what is going on with my teeth?they are decaying and cracking at warp speed?i've been taking zyprexa,solian,cymbalta....
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Tooth Loss, and takes Zyprexa )
I live in Eastern Europe,and the level of psychiatric treatmeant is low.They proscribe a drug for everything.
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression With Psychotic Features, Bilateral Multilobar Pneumonia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Zyprexa, Methotrexate)
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- Any one with lithium tremors recover after reduction of dosage?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Tremors, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
More than 10 years on Lithium, tremors evident in hands. According to this study, then was no recovery from these types of tremors. Medication reduced by 1/3 to 600 mg. per day. Not sure if the "NO Recovery" was in a group where the dosage was lowered or not? Wanting to to know of long term recov ...
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Schizophrenia, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Enlarged Prostate, Weight Gain - Unintentional, and takes Fluvoxamine Maleate, Zyprexa Zydis, Micardis)
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- Has anyone had serious side effects with apenzin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Skin Burning Sensation, Tremor, Foggy Thinking, and takes Aplenzin)
Been on Aplenzin 5 yrs. Not sure its the drug, but hands are burning. Heads feels strange, and I have tremors. Tremors have been for 3 yrs. There saying it could be parkinson's. Could it be by chance the Aplenzin.
More questions for: Zyprexa, Tremor
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Tremors, Cant Focus For A Period Of Time, Hearing Voices, and takes Valium)
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Olanzepine withdrawal
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Depression, and takes Adderall, Cymbalta, Zyprexa)
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
More reviews for: Zyprexa, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Klonopin, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Hypertension, Muscle Twitching, Eye Twitch, Memory Loss, Confusional State, Tremor, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Eye Zaps, Eye Redness
Comments: I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Calcium Deficiency, General Ill Feeling, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Tremor
Comments: I have been experiencing some Tremors - shaking of my hands, voice, and facial muscles.
I been taking Tamoxin for the past five years. I also take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements.
I also have a family member with Parkinson's disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Aldactone, Lasix, Metformin, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Birth Control, Insomnia, Migraine, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Depression. The patient has Tremor
Comments: Hand tremors, voi e tremors, noint pain to hips and shoulders, worse on dominate side, severe, unable to feed with fork, have to eat finger foods and drink from a straw. I was taken off wellbutrin had withdraws after 4 days, started back and now have all symptoMs of Parkinson's. Any information is h ...
- A study of side effects of Xyzal for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
Comments: In 2008 First tremor was approx 1 month after a surgery, and took Ultram for pain. Started xyzal in 2009 Stopped xyzal approximately 1 year ago. Still having "essential tremors", mimics Dystonia at times. Some medicines make it worse, especially ones that cause drowsiness. ( tremors are worse at re ...
More related studies for: Zyprexa, Tremor
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.