Review: could Zyprexa cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 42,791 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 306 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 43,503 Zyprexa users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,530 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 42,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 306 people (0.72%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||34.31%||6.86%||18.63%||14.71%||22.55%||2.94%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Zyprexa * :
|Urinary incontinence||54.48%||45.52% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Zyprexa * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.52%||5.76%||8.38%||10.73%||27.75%||12.83%||34.03% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Zyprexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (86 people, 28.10%)
- Bipolar i disorder (41 people, 13.40%)
- Schizophrenia (38 people, 12.42%)
- Affective disorder (30 people, 9.80%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (27 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote (64 people, 20.92%)
- Haloperidol (58 people, 18.95%)
- Ativan (54 people, 17.65%)
- Paxil (44 people, 14.38%)
- Carbamazepine (44 people, 14.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zyprexa and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Percocet for a 23-year old woman with Zofran, Zanaflex. The patient has Loss Of Bladder Control
- A study of side effects of Prednisolone for a 46-year old man with Pyrexia. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary
- A study of drug interactions between Candesartan Cilexetil And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Simvastatin for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
Recent Zyprexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Norco, Olanzapine for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.