Review: could Zyprexa cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 42,786 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 306 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (view latest outcomes from 43,497 users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Urinary incontinence 18,495 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 42,786 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa. Among them, 306 people (0.72%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Zyprexa when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||34.31%||6.86%||18.63%||14.71%||22.55%||2.94%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Zyprexa * :
|Urinary incontinence||54.48%||45.52% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Zyprexa * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.52%||5.76%||8.38%||10.73%||27.75%||12.83%||34.03% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Zyprexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (86 people, 28.10%)
- Bipolar i disorder (41 people, 13.40%)
- Schizophrenia (38 people, 12.42%)
- Affective disorder (30 people, 9.80%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (27 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote (64 people, 20.92%)
- Haloperidol (58 people, 18.95%)
- Ativan (54 people, 17.65%)
- Paxil (44 people, 14.38%)
- Carbamazepine (44 people, 14.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Zyprexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Zyprexa
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can anyone tell me what is going on with my teeth?they are decaying and cracking at warp speed?i've been taking zyprexa,solian,cymbalta....
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Tooth Loss, and takes Zyprexa )
I live in Eastern Europe,and the level of psychiatric treatmeant is low.They proscribe a drug for everything.
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression With Psychotic Features, Bilateral Multilobar Pneumonia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Zyprexa, Methotrexate)
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Schizophrenia, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Enlarged Prostate, Weight Gain - Unintentional, and takes Fluvoxamine Maleate, Zyprexa Zydis, Micardis)
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- I am taking olanzapine,imipramine and paramipexol to control movements hd are they compatible? gloria candia email psucaf@hotmail.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has HD Chorea Movements, and takes Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Olanzapine)
Trying to mitigate chorea movements in HD. Taking olanzapine 5mg/day, imipramite 25mg/day, pramipexol 0.50mg/day ,and biperid clorhydrate 2mg/day. Are these drugs compatible with each other. Paramipexol is more indicated for Parekinson Would it not be counterindicated for HD movements?
- Zyprexa olanzapine makeing person i care for agetated and angry with major mood swings
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Schizophrenia, and takes Olanzapine, Kemadrin)
person i have looked after for ten years was put on olanzapine 20 mg as the rispiradone had stopped working its been 2 months now and she has been getting agresive angry bossy and is still hearing things she wont do anything and is a nightmare
ie i make her dinner she drops a fork and then calls me all the names under the sun as i put the fork in the wrong place any advice would be good as i dont feal safe
More questions for: Zyprexa, Urinary incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sleep returned to normal. His kidneys also recovered, and he regained the ability to control urination. About a year after that, he was arrested for downloading child pornography, and I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not suggesting that Effexor caused him to become a pedophile, but it has been noted to produce personality changes in some users. It would be hard to ascertain whether any or all of these side effects resulted from the drug, but I would NEVER take it or allow anyone I cared about to do so. He had never exhibited any such symptoms before taking it, and I feel it ruined his life on many levels.
- Olanzepine withdrawal (1 response)
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Depression, and takes Adderall, Cymbalta, Zyprexa)
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakness and general malaise.Sxs begin 36-48hrs after last dose of Zyprexa.Sxs begin to improve a few hrs after resuming Zyprexa.Using alternative atypical antipsychotic meds have been ineffective.
More reviews for: Zyprexa, Urinary incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Diazepam, Olanzapine, Zolpidem, Quetiapine Fumarate, Thorazine for a patient with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type. The patient has Schizophrenia, Residual Type
Comments: I have lost almost all memory while on these medications and I cannot remember that part of my life while on them I can only remember bits and pieces. I was on all this medication due to my drug induced psycosis and to stop my paranoia and wanting to harm myself and others. This was over 12 years ag ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse, Metformin, Zyrtec, Omeprazole, Cymbalta for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Add, Insulin Resistance, Acid Reflux, Mood Disorder. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Fatigue, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
More related studies for: Zyprexa, Urinary incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.