Review: could Zyrtec cause Chapped lips?
Summary: Chapped lips is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Amnesteem, and have Acne.
We study 27,667 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Chapped lips. Find out below who they are, when they have Chapped lips and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Chapped lips >>>
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 29,942 users)
Chapped lips (cracking, fissuring, and peeling of the skin f lip) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Chapped lips 1,600 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 27,667 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 26 people (0.09%) have Chapped Lips.
Time on Zyrtec when people have Chapped lips * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chapped lips||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Chapped lips when taking Zyrtec * :
|Chapped lips||82.76%||17.24% |
Age of people who have Chapped lips when taking Zyrtec * :
|Chapped lips||0.00%||7.41%||14.81%||3.70%||0.00%||51.85%||0.00%||22.22% |
Severity of Chapped lips when taking Zyrtec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chapped lips||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chapped lips ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chapped lips||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (9 people, 34.62%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (7 people, 26.92%)
- Eczema (7 people, 26.92%)
- Headache (7 people, 26.92%)
- Laryngitis (7 people, 26.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amnesteem (9 people, 34.62%)
- Diflucan (8 people, 30.77%)
- Flexeril (8 people, 30.77%)
- Nexium (8 people, 30.77%)
- Accutane (8 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chapped Lips while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Chapped Lips
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have Chapped Lips
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My son is 10 and he has been on risperdone for 6 months. he has all season allergies. he takes zyrtec, but it is not working for him... any suggestions?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type, and takes Zyrtec)
My son is getting worse since been on Risperdone, I thinking it has something to do with zyrtec
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one hour last week and I get approximately two a week now. With the botox injection I could not talk or drink water without it being thickened for six weeks. Is there any other alternative that I can try?
- I am experiencing difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath. i have been taking zyrtec . omeprazole and flomax for the past 5 years. has anyone experience this with any of these medication ? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Flomax, Omeprazole, Zyrtec)
I have had catscan of long and checked my heart and every test you can imagine , and doctors can't find the reason.I have had the shortness of breath for about 4 month now .
- Is there allergy medicines that you should not take with vwd
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Von Willebrand Disease, and takes Zyrtec, Benadryl, Allegra)
I am wondering what can be taken for allergies or medication I should avoid for people with von willebrands?
- Can a cough develop after 5+ years of using the drug? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Hypertension, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Synthroid, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Cetirizine Hydrochloride)
My hypertension is under control but I have developed a persistant cough.
It is possible for Amlodipine Besylate being the cause of my cough after 5+ years of use?
More questions for: Zyrtec, Chapped lips
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Hyperpigmentation, Lips - Chapped And Dry, Muscle Fatigue - Muscle Weakness - Strength In Legs And Arms Weaker)
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and my skin looked like it had a glow.
My 2nd month it continued, the swelling only became prevalent during my 7 day period.
My nails, hair, and turnover of my skin increased by month 3+4
By month 5 my old hyper pigmentation had surfaced and my cystic acne, dissolved.
I was on depression medication, this is advised against, but I discussed with doctor to do a patient override. I had no issues with depression, or the medication making me feel anymore depressed at all. In fact, I continued on with absolutely no issues. I did notice one negative factor. This was more specific for me. I returned to do dancing again after being away from it in College years ago. My muscle density is already far less, but I pushed through and was able to gain strength. However, during the last few months (3-6) the Accutane did affect me strength.my muscles were fatigued far earlier than before and my strength/core balance felt less sustainable for long periods.
I have been given a hydroquinoin (sp?) cream @ 4% to help with the melasma/hyper pigmentation, however I may need laser to have my skin tone and complexion return to a more suitable color.
Overall, I'm happy with my cystic acne being gone. It was worth taking Tis and worked for that purpose.
- Migraine with dyazide
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, and takes Dyazide, Cytomel, Cyclosporine, Zyflo Cr, Ergocalciferol, Zyrtec, Compazine)
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no longer take Dyazide, headache did not return. Was 49 at time of ER treatment and was on Dyazide for 1 week.
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
(Posted by a 36 year old woman who has Anxiety Ghd, Fungal Infection - Scalp, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy)
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Zyrtec, Chapped lips
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- I looked at my medications and the time frame alongside my doctor visit information. I gained 25 pounds in a year and a half. I have never been overweight. I started out a size 6-8 at 5'9" and am now wearing size 14. I finally took a good look at my medications. Some I had taken for years. Zyrtec wa ...
- I have been taking cetirizine for allergy treatment since 2002. In 2007 I took a CBC count and all cell lines were normal. In 2008 however it was observed that all my cell lines were declining especially platelets. The decline continued as investigations were carried out including a bone marrow aspi ...
- zyrtec 10mg daily and fluticasone propionate (2 sprays per nostril) prescribed about 1 month ago for allergies.
Hydrocodone/Acetaminophin 10-325mg prescribed for lower back pain prior to lumbar-area laminectomy over 2 years ago. Pain continues.
Short term memory loss is most severe on days when ...
- The pulsating is not in rhythm with my heartbeat. It is fast and random beats. It is not constant. It is worse at night and if laying on the couch watching tv. Putting pressure and massaging right behind the ear and on the neck seem to help temporarily but returns after removing pressure. This has ...
More related studies for: Zyrtec, Chapped lips
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.