Review: could Zyrtec cause Drug addiction (Drug abuse and dependence)?
Summary: Drug addiction is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 27,693 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 73 have Drug addiction. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug addiction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Drug addiction >>>
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,973 Zyrtec users)
Drug addiction has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, migraine. (latest reports from 19,959 Drug addiction patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 27,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 73 people (0.26%) have Drug Addiction.
Time on Zyrtec when people have Drug addiction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug addiction||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug addiction when taking Zyrtec * :
|Drug addiction||60.27%||39.73% |
Age of people who have Drug addiction when taking Zyrtec * :
|Drug addiction||0.00%||1.75%||14.04%||1.75%||12.28%||22.81%||19.30%||28.07% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (23 people, 31.51%)
- Depression (13 people, 17.81%)
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (11 people, 15.07%)
- Restless legs syndrome (11 people, 15.07%)
- Osteoarthritis (11 people, 15.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (36 people, 49.32%)
- Cymbalta (27 people, 36.99%)
- Klonopin (25 people, 34.25%)
- Ambien (24 people, 32.88%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 28.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
karen (3 years ago):
i have been taking zyrtec for 10 years for itchy and burning sensation all over my skin it has become worse over the years and i have gradually increased taking this horrid drug that is on the market today. I take zyrtec every other day now and i cant live without it or shall i say that i thought i couldnt live without it until i read that people who start to use this crazy drug that is prescibed to us makes you think your symtoms become worse when you dont take it but really your body becomes addicted to zyrtec causing frequent sytoms of allergies. please never take this drug the fda needs to remove this from the market urgently. who ever is taking this drug stop and fight the allergies it can take up to 1 month to get rid of this zyrtec addiction in the mean time your body will go crazy for zyrtec bringing on your symptoms of your allergy to the worst take vitiminc up to 3000 mg daily use a anti itch cream all day and night and its not an itching allergy any otherr type of allergies look for an alternative to help with syptoms. please never give this to children its a awful drug you think it cures the allergy problems but it make it worse goodluck to everyone
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Addiction while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Drug Addiction
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have Drug Addiction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Zyrtec Allergy, Levetiracetam for a 54-year old man with Aneurysm - Aortic, Allergy, Post Procedural Haemorrhage.
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a 16-year old girl with Allergy To Plants. The patient has Amenorrhoea Secondary
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Zyrtec Allergy, Adderall 20 for a 55-year old man with Sinus Congestion, Allergy To Animal, Adhd. The patient has Loss Of Taste, Loss Of Smell
- A study of drug interactions between Qvar 80, Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour, Zyrtec, Ranitidine for a 17-year old girl with Asthma, Allergies, Acid Reflux. The patient has Super Tired, Poor Performance, More Bruising, Dizzy While Exercise, Feeling Faint/,out Of Breath With Exercise.
Recent Zyrtec related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.