Review: could Zyrtec cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have High blood pressure.
We study 27,693 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,238 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyrtec and have High blood pressure >>>
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,973 Zyrtec users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 27,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 1,238 people (4.47%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Zyrtec when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||45.16%||14.52%||0.00%||8.06%||12.90%||4.84%||14.52% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Zyrtec * :
|High blood pressure||75.92%||24.08% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Zyrtec * :
|High blood pressure||0.09%||0.45%||1.88%||3.57%||8.04%||16.34%||26.34%||43.30% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Zyrtec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||5.56%||66.67%||27.78%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (135 people, 10.90%)
- Hypersensitivity (134 people, 10.82%)
- Pain (124 people, 10.02%)
- Osteoporosis (99 people, 8.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (98 people, 7.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (312 people, 25.20%)
- Aspirin (220 people, 17.77%)
- Prilosec (184 people, 14.86%)
- Prevacid (163 people, 13.17%)
- Singulair (155 people, 12.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zyrtec and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Zyrtec Allergy, Levetiracetam for a 54-year old man with Aneurysm - Aortic, Allergy, Post Procedural Haemorrhage.
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a 16-year old girl with Allergy To Plants. The patient has Amenorrhoea Secondary
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Zyrtec Allergy, Adderall 20 for a 55-year old man with Sinus Congestion, Allergy To Animal, Adhd. The patient has Loss Of Taste, Loss Of Smell
Recent Zyrtec related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.