Review: could Zyrtec cause Loss of libido?
Summary: Loss of libido is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zocor, and have Depression.
We study 27,667 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Loss of libido. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of libido and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Loss of libido >>>
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (view latest outcomes from 29,942 users)
Loss of libido
Loss of libido (loss of sexual urge) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, hair loss, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Loss of libido 2,425 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 27,667 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 17 people (0.06%) have Loss Of Libido.
Time on Zyrtec when people have Loss of libido * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of libido when taking Zyrtec * :
|Loss of libido||82.35%||17.65% |
Age of people who have Loss of libido when taking Zyrtec * :
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.67%||13.33%||6.67%||6.67%||46.67% |
Severity of Loss of libido when taking Zyrtec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of libido ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (4 people, 23.53%)
- Allergies (2 people, 11.76%)
- Hypersensitivity (2 people, 11.76%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 11.76%)
- Endometriosis (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zocor (9 people, 52.94%)
- Neurontin (8 people, 47.06%)
- Altace (8 people, 47.06%)
- Vioxx (8 people, 47.06%)
- Naprosyn (8 people, 47.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Libido while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Loss Of Libido
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have Loss Of Libido
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Zyrtec, Loss of libido
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Migraine with dyazide
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no longer take Dyazide, headache did not return. Was 49 at time of ER treatment and was on Dyazide for 1 week.
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness (1 response)
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at once I got visual disturbances for about one hour. I couldn't read, see clearly. The obstipation is worse. I fell very tired. The sleep isn't good but better than with Tramadol. On Tramadol I couldn't sleep at all.
I didn't see the problem with hair loss on the list, so I decided to do this review. It might be of use for s.o.
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Zyrtec, Loss of libido
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- I looked at my medications and the time frame alongside my doctor visit information. I gained 25 pounds in a year and a half. I have never been overweight. I started out a size 6-8 at 5'9" and am now wearing size 14. I finally took a good look at my medications. Some I had taken for years. Zyrtec wa ...
- I have been taking cetirizine for allergy treatment since 2002. In 2007 I took a CBC count and all cell lines were normal. In 2008 however it was observed that all my cell lines were declining especially platelets. The decline continued as investigations were carried out including a bone marrow aspi ...
- zyrtec 10mg daily and fluticasone propionate (2 sprays per nostril) prescribed about 1 month ago for allergies.
Hydrocodone/Acetaminophin 10-325mg prescribed for lower back pain prior to lumbar-area laminectomy over 2 years ago. Pain continues.
Short term memory loss is most severe on days when ...
- The pulsating is not in rhythm with my heartbeat. It is fast and random beats. It is not constant. It is worse at night and if laying on the couch watching tv. Putting pressure and massaging right behind the ear and on the neck seem to help temporarily but returns after removing pressure. This has ...
More related studies for: Zyrtec, Loss of libido
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.