Zyrtec and Loss of libido - from FDA reports
Loss of libido is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zocor, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Loss of libido with Zyrtec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,166 people who have side effects when taking Zyrtec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 30, 2017
52,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec.
Among them, 25 people (0.05%) have Loss of libido
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyrtec when people have Loss of libido *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Loss of libido when taking Zyrtec *:
- female: 76 %
- male: 24 %
Age of people who have Loss of libido when taking Zyrtec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 26.32 %
- 30-39: 10.53 %
- 40-49: 15.79 %
- 50-59: 10.53 %
- 60+: 36.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (9 people, 36.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (7 people, 28.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 16.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 12.00%)
- Androgenetic Alopecia (2 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zocor (9 people, 36.00%)
- Vioxx (8 people, 32.00%)
- Neurontin (8 people, 32.00%)
- Naprosyn (8 people, 32.00%)
- Altace (8 people, 32.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (13 people, 52.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (12 people, 48.00%)
- Nausea (11 people, 44.00%)
- Headache (11 people, 44.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (11 people, 44.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Loss of libido when taking Zyrtec?
- Check symptoms - is loss of libido caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLoss of libido and drugs with ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLoss of libido and Zyrtec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 56,016 users)
Loss of libido
Loss of libido (loss of sexual urge) has been reported by people with hair loss, depression, androgenetic alopecia, birth control, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 4,682 Loss of libido patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Loss of libidoLoss of libido
Could your condition cause Loss of libidoLoss of libido
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi guys. For the last few days, Mild pain Under the testicles, sometimes pain changes Location towards Anal Region and Between the Testicles and Anal Region. Mild burning on the tip of the Penis (Sometimes). Erectile Dysfunction, Low Libido, and Sudden Drop in Testosterone level. Mild burning ...
Hi.need help..had two kids back to back..had some numbness at that time..doctors said probably due to kids..started xolair because asthe began getting uncontrollable and have bad rashes..it has helped asthma and rashes but my numbness and tingling are tingling awful..not counting since last shot ...
User reviews to the study
I am an older (80) male who becomes very nervous when things are unusual re my health. My urine flow has decreased substantially since I just commenced taking Levofloxacin and also zyrtec. Any advice will be appreciated