Review: could Zyrtec cause Panic attack (Panic disorder)?
Summary: Panic attack is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Flonase, and have Hypersensitivity.
We study 27,693 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Panic attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Panic attack and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Panic attack >>>
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,978 Zyrtec users)
Panic attack has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, panic disorder, pain. (latest reports from 24,853 Panic attack patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 27,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 168 people (0.61%) have Panic Attack.
Time on Zyrtec when people have Panic attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Panic attack||50.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||8.33%||8.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Panic attack when taking Zyrtec * :
|Panic attack||67.80%||32.20% |
Age of people who have Panic attack when taking Zyrtec * :
|Panic attack||0.00%||3.31%||5.30%||5.30%||11.26%||37.75%||13.25%||23.84% |
Severity of Panic attack when taking Zyrtec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Panic attack||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Panic attack ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Panic attack||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypersensitivity (32 people, 19.05%)
- Depression (30 people, 17.86%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (25 people, 14.88%)
- Pain (22 people, 13.10%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 10.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Flonase (52 people, 30.95%)
- Vioxx (38 people, 22.62%)
- Neurontin (34 people, 20.24%)
- Xanax (29 people, 17.26%)
- Prevacid (29 people, 17.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zyrtec and panic attack on
Do you have Panic Attack while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Panic Attack
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have Panic Attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Zyrtec Allergy, Levetiracetam for a 54-year old man with Aneurysm - Aortic, Allergy, Post Procedural Haemorrhage.
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a 16-year old girl with Allergy To Plants. The patient has Amenorrhoea Secondary
Recent Zyrtec related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.