Review: could Zyrtec cause Pruritus generalised?
Summary: Pruritus generalised is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Singulair, and have Seasonal allergy.
We study 27,689 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Pruritus generalised. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus generalised and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Pruritus generalised >>>
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,965 Zyrtec users)
Pruritus generalised (generalized itching) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 9,026 Pruritus generalised patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 27,689 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 149 people (0.54%) have Pruritus Generalised.
Time on Zyrtec when people have Pruritus generalised * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pruritus generalised||19.05%||19.05%||9.52%||4.76%||21.43%||16.67%||9.52% |
Gender of people who have Pruritus generalised when taking Zyrtec * :
|Pruritus generalised||68.07%||31.93% |
Age of people who have Pruritus generalised when taking Zyrtec * :
|Pruritus generalised||0.00%||9.93%||3.55%||12.77%||20.57%||21.99%||14.89%||16.31% |
Severity of Pruritus generalised when taking Zyrtec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pruritus generalised||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pruritus generalised ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Pruritus generalised||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Seasonal allergy (28 people, 18.79%)
- Hypersensitivity (23 people, 15.44%)
- Multiple allergies (17 people, 11.41%)
- Asthma (10 people, 6.71%)
- Urticaria (7 people, 4.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (12 people, 8.05%)
- Albuterol (11 people, 7.38%)
- Coumadin (9 people, 6.04%)
- Children's zyrtec allergy (8 people, 5.37%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 5.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zyrtec and pruritus generalised on
Do you have Pruritus Generalised while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Pruritus Generalised
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have Pruritus Generalised
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a 1-year old boy with Rhinitis. The patient has Hair Growth Abnormal, Swollen Tear Duct (swelling of tear duct in eye), Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
Recent Zyrtec related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.