Home > Zyrtec > Pruritus generalised > Zyrtec and Pruritus generalised
Review: could Zyrtec cause Pruritus generalised?
Summary: Pruritus generalised is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Singulair, and have Seasonal allergy.
We study 27,664 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Pruritus generalised. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus generalised and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Pruritus generalised >>>
Zyrtec (latest outcomes from 29,940 users) has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Pruritus generalised (generalized itching) (latest reports from 46,862 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Oct, 24, 2014: 27,640 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 149 people (0.54%) have Pruritus Generalised.
Time on Zyrtec when people have Pruritus generalised * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pruritus generalised||19.05%||19.05%||9.52%||4.76%||21.43%||16.67%||9.52% |
Gender of people who have Pruritus generalised when taking Zyrtec * :
|Pruritus generalised||68.07%||31.93% |
Age of people who have Pruritus generalised when taking Zyrtec * :
|Pruritus generalised||0.00%||9.93%||3.55%||12.77%||20.57%||21.99%||14.89%||16.31% |
Severity of Pruritus generalised when taking Zyrtec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pruritus generalised||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pruritus generalised ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Pruritus generalised||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Seasonal allergy (28 people, 18.79%)
- Hypersensitivity (23 people, 15.44%)
- Multiple allergies (17 people, 11.41%)
- Asthma (10 people, 6.71%)
- Urticaria (7 people, 4.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (12 people, 8.05%)
- Albuterol (11 people, 7.38%)
- Coumadin (9 people, 6.04%)
- Children's zyrtec allergy (8 people, 5.37%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 5.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus Generalised while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Pruritus Generalised
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have Pruritus Generalised
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My son is 10 and he has been on risperdone for 6 months. he has all season allergies. he takes zyrtec, but it is not working for him... any suggestions?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type, and takes Zyrtec)
My son is getting worse since been on Risperdone, I thinking it has something to do with zyrtec
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- I am experiencing difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath. i have been taking zyrtec . omeprazole and flomax for the past 5 years. has anyone experience this with any of these medication ?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Flomax, Omeprazole, Zyrtec)
I have had catscan of long and checked my heart and every test you can imagine , and doctors can't find the reason.I have had the shortness of breath for about 4 month now .
- Is there allergy medicines that you should not take with vwd
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Von Willebrand Disease, and takes Zyrtec, Benadryl, Allegra)
I am wondering what can be taken for allergies or medication I should avoid for people with von willebrands?
- Can a cough develop after 5+ years of using the drug?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Hypertension, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Synthroid, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Cetirizine Hydrochloride)
My hypertension is under control but I have developed a persistant cough.
It is possible for Amlodipine Besylate being the cause of my cough after 5+ years of use?
More questions for: Zyrtec, Pruritus generalised
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Migraine with dyazide
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, and takes Dyazide, Cytomel, Cyclosporine, Zyflo Cr, Ergocalciferol, Zyrtec, Compazine)
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
(Posted by a 36 year old woman who has Anxiety Ghd, Fungal Infection - Scalp, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy)
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Zyrtec, Pruritus generalised
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a patient with Idiopathic Urticaria. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome (burning sensation in the sole of the foot)
Comments: My feet burn, very uncomfortable, and nothing really makes it better........am weaning myself off the drug......although everything I have read says you must do this slowly to prevent other issues.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Cetirizine Hydrochloride for a patient with Acid Reflux, Allergy. The patient has Itching
Comments: itchiness after an insect bite (mosquitoes,bugs)
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a patient with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Dizziness, Suicidal Ideation
Comments: I'm on a 100mg dose on both of them daily. I would like to know and understand the interactions between the two drugs.
- A study of drug interactions between Beconase, Ventolin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Nerve Pain. The patient has Osteomyelitis Acute
Comments: Osteomyelitis of the jaw bone following extraction of a tooth
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Morton's Neuroma. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: I also take cetirizine, salbutamol inhaler and seretide 500 inhaler
More related studies for: Zyrtec, Pruritus generalised
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.