Review: could Zyrtec cause Rebound effect?
Summary: Rebound effect is reported only by a few people who take Zyrtec.
We study 27,667 people who have side effects while taking Zyrtec from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Rebound effect. Find out below who they are, when they have Rebound effect and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Rebound effect >>>
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 29,942 users)
Rebound effect (take-back effect) has been reported by people with insomnia, multiple sclerosis, depression, migraine, headache.(latest reports from Rebound effect 728 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 27,664 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Rebound Effect.
Time on Zyrtec when people have Rebound effect * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rebound effect||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rebound effect when taking Zyrtec * :
|Rebound effect||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Rebound effect when taking Zyrtec * :
|Rebound effect||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
Severity of Rebound effect when taking Zyrtec ** :
How people recovered from Rebound effect ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nasal congestion (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Drug therapy nos (1 people, 33.33%)
- Phenylephrine hcl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bupropion hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Phenytoin sodium (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lamotrigine (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rebound Effect while taking Zyrtec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Rebound Effect
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
- support group for people who have Rebound Effect
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Zyrtec, Rebound effect
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Migraine with dyazide
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no longer take Dyazide, headache did not return. Was 49 at time of ER treatment and was on Dyazide for 1 week.
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and the next week I got it again and was hospitalized 9 days that time. I knew I had been on the med but could not remember the side effect that made me come off previously until i started it again 2 days ago and woke today with Pneumonia again. Last time my pulmonologist said that the med in combination with the antidepressant which is all I take right now relaxes me too much and it paralyzes my choking reflex causing aspiration of saliva and ultimately waking up sick as the bacteria laced fluid goes crazy in the moist conditions of the lungs.
More reviews for: Zyrtec, Rebound effect
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- I looked at my medications and the time frame alongside my doctor visit information. I gained 25 pounds in a year and a half. I have never been overweight. I started out a size 6-8 at 5'9" and am now wearing size 14. I finally took a good look at my medications. Some I had taken for years. Zyrtec wa ...
- I have been taking cetirizine for allergy treatment since 2002. In 2007 I took a CBC count and all cell lines were normal. In 2008 however it was observed that all my cell lines were declining especially platelets. The decline continued as investigations were carried out including a bone marrow aspi ...
- zyrtec 10mg daily and fluticasone propionate (2 sprays per nostril) prescribed about 1 month ago for allergies.
Hydrocodone/Acetaminophin 10-325mg prescribed for lower back pain prior to lumbar-area laminectomy over 2 years ago. Pain continues.
Short term memory loss is most severe on days when ...
More related studies for: Zyrtec, Rebound effect
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.