Zyrtec and Rebound effect - from FDA reports
Rebound effect is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mirvaso, and have Nasal congestion. This review analyzes which people have Rebound effect with Zyrtec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,166 people who have side effects when taking Zyrtec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
52,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec.
Among them, 11 people (0.02%) have Rebound effect
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyrtec when people have Rebound effect *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Rebound effect when taking Zyrtec *:
- female: 90 %
- male: 10 %
Age of people who have Rebound effect when taking Zyrtec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 37.5 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rosacea (2 people, 18.18%)
- Nasal Congestion (2 people, 18.18%)
- Seasonal Allergy (1 person, 9.09%)
- Rashes (1 person, 9.09%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Mirvaso (2 people, 18.18%)
- Progesterone (1 person, 9.09%)
- Prilosec Otc (1 person, 9.09%)
- Phenytoin Sodium (1 person, 9.09%)
- Lamotrigine (1 person, 9.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (3 people, 27.27%)
- Skin Blushing/flushing (2 people, 18.18%)
- Paleness (2 people, 18.18%)
- Nasal Congestion (2 people, 18.18%)
- Drug Ineffective (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Rebound effect when taking Zyrtec?
- Check symptoms - is rebound effect caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRebound effect and drugs with ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRebound effect and Zyrtec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 56,015 users)
Rebound effect (take-back effect) has been reported by people with rosacea, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 1,622 Rebound effect patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Rebound effectRebound effect
Could your condition cause Rebound effectRebound effect
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi.need help..had two kids back to back..had some numbness at that time..doctors said probably due to kids..started xolair because asthe began getting uncontrollable and have bad rashes..it has helped asthma and rashes but my numbness and tingling are tingling awful..not counting since last shot ...
User reviews to the study
I am an older (80) male who becomes very nervous when things are unusual re my health. My urine flow has decreased substantially since I just commenced taking Levofloxacin and also zyrtec. Any advice will be appreciated
my eye pressure has been up and down for about a year. I am always taking Zyrtec_D - and now the doctor has put me on singular. Anyone else having the same problems ? Eye doctor keeps monitoring for Glaucoma and no one in the family has ever had Glaucoma.