Levaquin, Miralax for a 69-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Pneumococcal Infection, Constipation. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 77 female patients aged 69 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,770 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Miralax (latest outcomes from 9,268 users) has active ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350. It is often used in constipation.
What are the conditions
Pneumococcal infection (infection caused by streptococcus pneumoniae) (latest reports from 1,444 patients)
Constipation (latest reports from 515,750 patients) can be treated by Miralax, Colace, Amitiza, Senna, Lactulose, Polyethylene Glycol 3350.
On Nov, 14, 2014: 77 females aged 66 (±5) who take Levaquin, Miralax are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Pneumococcal Infection, Constipation
- Levaquin (levofloxacin)
- Miralax (polyethylene glycol 3350)
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Anxiety|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||Bone Disorder|
|Non-cardiac Chest Pain (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)||Pain|
|Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)||Fall|
|Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum)||Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break)|
|Urinary Tract Infection||Tooth Disorder (tooth disease)|
|Renal Failure (kidney dysfunction)||Osteomyelitis (infection of bone)|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)|
|Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus)|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Constipation
- support group for people who have Pneumococcal Infection
- support group for people who take Levaquin
- support group for people who take Miralax
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are there any support groups for levaquin side effects
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Pain - Joints, and takes Levaquin)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Bacillus Cereus Infection, Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis, and takes Zyvox, Levaquin)
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Mirroralax causes b.p. spike
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Sudden Blood Pressure Increase, and takes Miralax)
Taking Mirroralax for three weeks. Noticed my B.P. Unusually. High 1 week ago, then last Sat. Right after taking the drug my B.P. Went to 186/101 - I am 65 yrs. old and never had this before. Called my Dr. Got bp medicene -stressed out trying to figure out what was the cause. Then yesterday Took ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Levaquin and Miralax drug interactions (581 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Miralax for Constipation reported by 245 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with Constipation. The patient has Depression
Comments: The depression has been so severe I didn't know what was causing it u.til I started taking away more meds. Bingo it was the Miralax. I hope I never feel this bad ever bad.
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with IBS. The patient has Stomachache (stomach pain)
Comments: Been on Miramax for about 2 years now for IBS
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with Constipation. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: My 10 year old son started taking miralax 7 months ago, and about a month and a half a go, he started to get a thinning patch of hair on top. It has been slowing getting worse. Tonight he is stopping the medicine. Hopefully this will stop, and his hair will regrow
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Children's Motrin, Miralax for a patient with Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Pain - Joints, Constipation. The patient has Bleeding Time Abnormal, Rbc - Urine
Comments: Our daughter was 32 years old and was an angle, (CP, Quadriplegic......) a gift. She passed away Sept 14, 2014. Her symptoms prior to passing, lethargic, excess bleeding, reduced urine output. Childern's Motrin 2x daily 12cc and Benadryl 12cc to reduce secretions. Thanks for your websit ...
Common symptoms:Women of age 60+ with Pneumococcal Infection:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.