A study for a 28 year old man who takes Azithromycin - from FDA reports
1,105 males aged 28 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 28 year old male patient who has Pseudomonas Infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
1,105 males aged 28 (±5) who takes Azithromycin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 28
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Pseudomonas Infection
- Drugs taken:
- Azithromycin (azithromycin)
- Side effects: Testicle Pain, Levator Syndrome, Constipation, Rash
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Testicle Pain: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Levator Syndrome: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Constipation: 13 (1.18% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Rash: 75 (6.79% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Pseudomonas Infection: 1 (0.76% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
- Levator Syndrome in Pseudomonas Infection: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
- Rash in Pseudomonas Infection: 2 (1.53% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
- Testicle Pain in Pseudomonas Infection: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Azithromycin: 13 (1.18% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
- Levator Syndrome in Azithromycin: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
- Rash in Azithromycin: 75 (6.79% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
- Testicle Pain in Azithromycin: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (137 people, 12.40%)
- Cystic Fibrosis (78 people, 7.06%)
- Preventive Health Care (44 people, 3.98%)
- Sinusitis (38 people, 3.44%)
- Pneumonia (31 people, 2.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Kaletra (71 people, 6.43%)
- Pulmozyme (70 people, 6.33%)
- Lamivudine (61 people, 5.52%)
- Norvir (53 people, 4.80%)
- Bactrim (50 people, 4.52%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (105 people, 9.50%)
- Nausea (85 people, 7.69%)
- Breathing Difficulty (56 people, 5.07%)
- Chest Pain (55 people, 4.98%)
- Malaise (53 people, 4.80%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Azithromycin has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Azithromycin 19,343 users)
What are the conditions?
- Pseudomonas infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa) (latest reports from 6,061 Pseudomonas infection patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Testicle pain (pain in testes) has been reported by people with pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, headache (latest reports from 43 Testicle pain patients).
- Levator syndrome (pain, pressure, and discomfort in the region of the rectum, sacrum, and coccyx) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, gastric ulcer, vaginal lesion (latest reports from 24 Levator syndrome patients).
- Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 135,694 Constipation patients).
- Rash has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 263,438 Rash patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there! I've been taking viekira pac 10 days now. The first 2 days were pretty bad vomiting dizziness i had to stay sitting. After that I felt better than I have in a very long time. yesterday I woke up with that same tiredness feeling weak just not me. I've noticed that i havent had a bowel ...
I stared nexplanon on 3/16/17 and yesterday 3/17/17 I woke up with a rash on my checks I just wonder if this is a side effect of this birth control? I went to the emergency room they told me is dermatitis...
I am a male in my 70's and have been using the Neupro patch daily for 10 years (many years RX from Europe) for RLS. About 2 months ago a red rash started to appear that itches and takes a long time to heal. What can I do other than using lotion? Thanks!