A study for a 28 year old man who takes Azithromycin - from FDA reports
1,105 males aged 28 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 28 year old male patient who has Pseudomonas Infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
1,105 males aged 28 (±5) who takes Azithromycin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 28
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Pseudomonas Infection
- Drugs taken:
- Azithromycin (azithromycin)
- Side effects: Testicle Pain, Levator Syndrome, Constipation, Rash
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Testicle Pain: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Levator Syndrome: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Constipation: 13 (1.18% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Rash: 75 (6.79% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Pseudomonas Infection: 1 (0.76% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
- Levator Syndrome in Pseudomonas Infection: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
- Rash in Pseudomonas Infection: 2 (1.53% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
- Testicle Pain in Pseudomonas Infection: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Pseudomonas Infection)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Constipation in Azithromycin: 13 (1.18% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
- Levator Syndrome in Azithromycin: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
- Rash in Azithromycin: 75 (6.79% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
- Testicle Pain in Azithromycin: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Azithromycin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (137 people, 12.40%)
- Cystic Fibrosis (78 people, 7.06%)
- Preventive Health Care (44 people, 3.98%)
- Sinusitis (38 people, 3.44%)
- Pneumonia (31 people, 2.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Kaletra (71 people, 6.43%)
- Pulmozyme (70 people, 6.33%)
- Lamivudine (61 people, 5.52%)
- Norvir (53 people, 4.80%)
- Bactrim (50 people, 4.52%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (105 people, 9.50%)
- Nausea (85 people, 7.69%)
- Breathing Difficulty (56 people, 5.07%)
- Chest Pain (55 people, 4.98%)
- Malaise (53 people, 4.80%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Azithromycin has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Azithromycin 19,416 users)
What are the conditions?
- Pseudomonas infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa) (latest reports from 6,588 Pseudomonas infection patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Testicle pain (pain in testes) has been reported by people with pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, cancer (latest reports from 46 Testicle pain patients).
- Levator syndrome (pain, pressure, and discomfort in the region of the rectum, sacrum, and coccyx) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, gastroesophageal reflux disease, vaginal lesion, vulvovaginal discomfort (latest reports from 26 Levator syndrome patients).
- Constipation has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 146,545 Constipation patients).
- Rash has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 281,119 Rash patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I used Levitra once a week for a month and got a rash. I had the rash checked with blood work and biopsy for lupus or other immunological diseases and results were negative. The rash has subsided after a week. Is there any long term or serious problem if I take Levitra again? How do you handle ...
Need some advice in regards to worsening Constipation. I've been using gabapentine since May 2016 starting with daily usage of 900mg now on 3200mg. In February 2016 I had a nerve transposition operation after suffering a work related injury then diagnosed with CRPS stage 1 & began taking ...
I was on Creon for about 8 months, and it was just in the last month I began having severe itching that was as bad as having poison oak! The itching initially started around my lower legs and lower arms, then began to spread up. The itching was driving me crazy and affecting my sleep. I couldn't ...