A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - from FDA reports
18,820 females aged 65 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 65 year old female patient who has Nerve Pain. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
18,820 females aged 65 (±5) who takes Gabapentin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 65
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Nerve Pain
- Drugs taken:
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
- Side effects: Metallic Taste
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Metallic Taste: 140 (0.74% of females aged 65 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Metallic Taste in Nerve Pain: 12 (0.45% of females aged 65 (±5) who have Nerve Pain)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Metallic Taste in Gabapentin: 140 (0.74% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Gabapentin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (2,120 people, 11.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (1,615 people, 8.58%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (1,558 people, 8.28%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1,496 people, 7.95%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,226 people, 6.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (1,618 people, 8.60%)
- Lasix (1,458 people, 7.75%)
- Aspirin (1,332 people, 7.08%)
- Nexium (1,203 people, 6.39%)
- Lipitor (1,197 people, 6.36%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (1,553 people, 8.25%)
- Drug Ineffective (1,498 people, 7.96%)
- Pain (1,464 people, 7.78%)
- Fatigue (1,424 people, 7.57%)
- Fall (1,298 people, 6.90%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 100,776 users)
What are the conditions?
- Nerve pain can be treated by Gabapentin, Lyrica, Neurontin, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest reports from 34,833 Nerve pain patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, hepatitis c, high blood pressure (latest reports from 43,425 Metallic taste patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Is there any interaction taking these three together? I have a herniated disc C6 & C7 due to MVA and hates medications. Also don't want steroid injections or surgery. Would like help on what I can do naturally without putting bad stuff in my body. Please help. Seeing Acupuncturist ...
I've been on 400 mg/day of Neurontin recently increase to 600 mg/day to control a neurogenic cough. Over the past 2 weeks developed severe right calf tightening and pain which has gotten worse & now impedes me from getting up from a chair without holding on for fear that my leg will buckle ...
I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello, How is everyone doing? Im new to the group cause im looking to find some answers because ive yet to find, Ive been dealing with some type of adrenal insufficiency for several years now and cant seem to get healthy know matter what i try, Ive done the vitamins, glandulars, and even ...
New to the group and have been going nuts trying to figure out why I had lost my sense of taste. A few months ago my pain management doc recommended it and it helps me get to sleep. I did a Google search on it and loss of taste, and boom! How long from when I stop taking it until my sense of ...
Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)