A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - from FDA reports
17,197 females aged 65 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 65 year old female patient who has Nerve Pain. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
17,197 females aged 65 (±5) who takes Gabapentin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 65
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Nerve Pain
- Drugs taken:
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
- Side effects: Metallic Taste
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Metallic Taste: 132 (0.77% of females aged 65 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Metallic Taste in Nerve Pain: 12 (0.49% of females aged 65 (±5) who have Nerve Pain)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Metallic Taste in Gabapentin: 132 (0.77% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Gabapentin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (1,904 people, 11.07%)
- High Blood Pressure (1,469 people, 8.54%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (1,410 people, 8.20%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1,324 people, 7.70%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,126 people, 6.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (1,508 people, 8.77%)
- Lasix (1,359 people, 7.90%)
- Aspirin (1,332 people, 7.75%)
- Nexium (1,123 people, 6.53%)
- Lipitor (1,117 people, 6.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (1,420 people, 8.26%)
- Drug Ineffective (1,394 people, 8.11%)
- Pain (1,364 people, 7.93%)
- Fatigue (1,271 people, 7.39%)
- Fall (1,209 people, 7.03%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 89,231 users)
What are the conditions?
- Nerve pain can be treated by Gabapentin, Lyrica, Neurontin, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest reports from 32,284 Nerve pain patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, hepatitis c, high blood pressure (latest reports from 40,625 Metallic taste patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I've been on 400 mg/day of Neurontin recently increase to 600 mg/day to control a neurogenic cough. Over the past 2 weeks developed severe right calf tightening and pain which has gotten worse & now impedes me from getting up from a chair without holding on for fear that my leg will buckle ...
I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
I have been taking 300mg of Invokana for less than a month but I have experienced a loss of taste. Mostly, my ability to taste sweet is gone leaving me only with salty or savory but it's also diminished. I can no longer drink any kind of diet soda as it just tastes like chemicals to me. Is ...
I have not been officially diagnosed with anything. I have been experiencing multiple issues that may seem unrelated, but they are not in my head. I have had daily headaches for several years. I have a history of migraines, but had not had one for twelve years until recently. So this is what ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Experienced a small vessel lacunar stroke in the thalamus 1/30. Prescribed 75mg generic Plavix and Losartan HCTZ blood pressure meds. Take Livalo station and 81mg aspirin. Experienced loss of taste beginning 3 days later.
i started taking neuron tin for hot flashes. then was diagnosed with costrocondritis. so dose was increased overtime to 1800 mgs. i have recently in the last several months have high bp and lower heart rate. my dr defuinitely feels its related to this medicine. I'm now slowly starting to wean ...