A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Lipitor, Decadron, Xarelto, Oxycontin, Keppra - from FDA reports
1,857 females aged 74 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 74 year old female patient who has Cholesterosis, Brain Mass, Dvt, Pain, Seizure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
1,857 females aged 74 (±5) who takes Lipitor, Decadron, Xarelto, Oxycontin, Keppra are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 74
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Cholesterosis, Brain Mass, Dvt, Pain, Seizure
- Drugs taken:
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
- Decadron (dexamethasone)
- Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
- Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride)
- Keppra (levetiracetam)
- Drug interactions: Hemiparesis
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hemiparesis: 18 (0.97% of females aged 74 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hemiparesis in Cholesterosis: 0 (0% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Cholesterosis)
- Hemiparesis in Brain Mass: 0 (0% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Brain Mass)
- Hemiparesis in Dvt: 6 (0.48% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Dvt)
- Hemiparesis in Pain: 31 (0.26% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Pain)
- Hemiparesis in Seizure: 1 (0.37% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Seizure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hemiparesis in Lipitor: 59 (0.22% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Lipitor)
- Hemiparesis in Decadron: 30 (0.41% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Decadron)
- Hemiparesis in Xarelto: 26 (0.39% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Xarelto)
- Hemiparesis in Oxycontin: 6 (0.13% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Oxycontin)
- Hemiparesis in Keppra: 16 (0.93% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Keppra)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (420 people, 22.62%)
- Stroke (353 people, 19.01%)
- Multiple Myeloma (329 people, 17.72%)
- High Blood Pressure (233 people, 12.55%)
- Pain (210 people, 11.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (235 people, 12.65%)
- Aspirin (234 people, 12.60%)
- Revlimid (210 people, 11.31%)
- Synthroid (137 people, 7.38%)
- Nexium (137 people, 7.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (159 people, 8.56%)
- Weakness (157 people, 8.45%)
- Fatigue (157 people, 8.45%)
- Anaemia (137 people, 7.38%)
- Fall (127 people, 6.84%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 188,677 users)
- Decadron has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Decadron 33,224 users)
- Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Xarelto 82,112 users)
- Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 62,206 users)
- Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 39,290 users)
What are the conditions?
- Cholesterosis (abnormal deposition of cholesterol in tissues) can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Atorvastatin calcium, Pravastatin sodium (latest reports from 650 Cholesterosis patients)
- Brain mass (latest reports from 673 Brain mass patients)
- Dvt can be treated by Warfarin sodium, Coumadin, Xarelto, Lovenox, Aspirin (latest reports from 77,549 Dvt patients)
- Pain can be treated by Percocet, Tramadol hydrochloride, Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Vicodin, Ibuprofen (latest reports from 477,114 Pain patients)
- Seizure (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) can be treated by Keppra, Lamictal, Tegretol, Topamax, Trileptal (latest reports from 32,177 Seizure patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 14,357 Hemiparesis patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Lipitor and Decadron drug interaction
- Lipitor and Xarelto drug interaction
- Lipitor and Oxycontin drug interaction
- Lipitor and Keppra drug interaction
- Decadron and Xarelto drug interaction
- Decadron and Oxycontin drug interaction
- Decadron and Keppra drug interaction
- Xarelto and Oxycontin drug interaction
- Xarelto and Keppra drug interaction
- Oxycontin and Keppra drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I have had epilepsy since i was a young child. i also have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life! i already know that certain drugs can aggravate epilepsy/ cause seizures- but does epilepsy CAUSE drug addiction? is drug addiction more prevalent in epileptics?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...