A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Ranitidine, Effexor Xr - from FDA reports
167 females aged 36 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 36 year old female patient who has Hiatus Hernia, Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
167 females aged 36 (±5) who takes Ranitidine, Effexor Xr are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 36
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hiatus Hernia, Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Ranitidine (ranitidine)
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: Heartburn, Osteoarthritis
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Heartburn: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Osteoarthritis: 1 (0.6% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Hiatus Hernia: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Hiatus Hernia)
- Heartburn in Depression: 3 (0.02% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Depression)
- Osteoarthritis in Hiatus Hernia: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Hiatus Hernia)
- Osteoarthritis in Depression: 45 (0.27% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Ranitidine: 10 (0.24% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Ranitidine)
- Heartburn in Effexor Xr: 8 (0.1% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
- Osteoarthritis in Ranitidine: 43 (1.02% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Ranitidine)
- Osteoarthritis in Effexor Xr: 46 (0.58% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (53 people, 31.74%)
- Stress And Anxiety (37 people, 22.16%)
- Pain (31 people, 18.56%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (24 people, 14.37%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (13 people, 7.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (35 people, 20.96%)
- Wellbutrin (29 people, 17.37%)
- Lorazepam (27 people, 16.17%)
- Xanax (24 people, 14.37%)
- Benadryl (24 people, 14.37%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (30 people, 17.96%)
- Stress And Anxiety (28 people, 16.77%)
- Headache (26 people, 15.57%)
- Fatigue (26 people, 15.57%)
- Weakness (25 people, 14.97%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Ranitidine has active ingredients of ranitidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Ranitidine 41,948 users)
- Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor xr 27,791 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix (latest reports from 15,552 Hiatus hernia patients)
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 365,506 Depression patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Heartburn has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 18,498 Heartburn patients).
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 47,531 Osteoarthritis patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking this medication for almost 3 years. I have had reflux most of my life but have had under control pretty much until the last few months . Can this medication cause a flair up and is there anything else I can do to treat it besides the nexium i take twice a day the acid ...
just found out the link between Effexor Xr and Atrial Fibrillation. Add this to the known but not published knowledge that the drug was a dependant drug when released you have a conspiracy to miss-inform both patience and medical professionals. What else are we not being told?
Hi, I'm a 61 y/o female and for approximately 8 months my right foot and ankle have been swollen. Only my right foot! My doctor has done different types of tests (cat scan, x-ray, etc), all came back fine. Unable to find the reason for the swelling. Wearing a compression stocking for work. ...