A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Ranitidine, Effexor Xr - from FDA reports
176 females aged 36 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 36 year old female patient who has Hiatus Hernia, Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 28, 2017
176 females aged 36 (±5) who takes Ranitidine, Effexor Xr are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 36
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hiatus Hernia, Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Ranitidine (ranitidine)
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: Heartburn, Osteoarthritis
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Heartburn: 8 (4.55% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Osteoarthritis: 1 (0.57% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Hiatus Hernia: 5 (7.94% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Hiatus Hernia)
- Heartburn in Depression: 136 (0.78% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Depression)
- Osteoarthritis in Hiatus Hernia: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Hiatus Hernia)
- Osteoarthritis in Depression: 46 (0.26% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Ranitidine: 141 (3.17% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Ranitidine)
- Heartburn in Effexor Xr: 79 (0.95% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
- Osteoarthritis in Ranitidine: 44 (0.99% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Ranitidine)
- Osteoarthritis in Effexor Xr: 46 (0.55% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (53 people, 30.11%)
- Stress And Anxiety (37 people, 21.02%)
- Pain (32 people, 18.18%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (14 people, 7.95%)
- Bipolar Disorder (12 people, 6.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (36 people, 20.45%)
- Wellbutrin (29 people, 16.48%)
- Xanax (27 people, 15.34%)
- Lorazepam (27 people, 15.34%)
- Prednisone (24 people, 13.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (32 people, 18.18%)
- Stress And Anxiety (30 people, 17.05%)
- Weakness (27 people, 15.34%)
- Headache (27 people, 15.34%)
- Fatigue (27 people, 15.34%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Ranitidine has active ingredients of ranitidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Ranitidine 45,273 users)
- Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor xr 28,816 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix (latest reports from 16,188 Hiatus hernia patients)
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 382,687 Depression patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 139,622 Heartburn patients).
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 50,345 Osteoarthritis patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I want to start taking tumeric for my extreme joint pain, but I'm worried I might experience a dangerous drop in blood sugar since I also take metformin. Metformin has worked well for me, keeping my a1c at about 5.8. My joint pain is pretty bad and has been extremely painful lately. Does anyone ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...