A study for a 68 year old man who takes Folic Acid - from FDA reports
8,015 males aged 68 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 68 year old male patient who has Blood Test Abnormal. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
8,015 males aged 68 (±5) who takes Folic Acid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 68
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Blood Test Abnormal
- Drugs taken:
- Folic Acid (folic acid)
- Side effects: Dry Mouth
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dry Mouth: 30 (0.37% of males aged 68 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dry Mouth in Blood Test Abnormal: 0 (0% of males aged 68 (±5) who have Blood Test Abnormal)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dry Mouth in Folic Acid: 30 (0.37% of males aged 68 (±5) who take Folic Acid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1,787 people, 22.30%)
- Preventive Health Care (728 people, 9.08%)
- High Blood Pressure (696 people, 8.68%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (636 people, 7.94%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (529 people, 6.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (2,091 people, 26.09%)
- Aspirin (1,320 people, 16.47%)
- Prednisone (1,034 people, 12.90%)
- Humira (800 people, 9.98%)
- Lipitor (769 people, 9.59%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (527 people, 6.58%)
- Weakness (520 people, 6.49%)
- Pneumonia (484 people, 6.04%)
- Thrombocytopenia (461 people, 5.75%)
- Fatigue (458 people, 5.71%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Folic acid 105,423 users)
What are the conditions?
- Blood test abnormal (latest reports from 4,174 Blood test abnormal patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 47,961 Dry mouth patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
I am in pain everyday! My life sucks! I just want to know how to get some relief! Most days I don't want to get out of bed! My feet and legs hurt the most on me but lately my hands are starting to hurt! On my right foot I have a lump on the bottom of my foot, I have bunions(big) on both feet, ...
I've had RA for 26 years. I was on Methotrexate for 24 of those years. I've tried Xeljanz for a month. Made me weak, nauseous, major headaches etc. Tried Enbrel, results not good. Humira, results were no effect or side effects, can't afford. However it seems Zyrtec seems to help my allergies and ...
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking Amiodarone 100 mg per day for more than 5 years. During last year have had several problems with my teeth (cracking and breaking). My dentist asked if I had dry mouth. When I said yes, she said that may have caused the breaking of my teeth. I also take Metoprolol 25 mg per ...
Hi, New to all of these forums etc but thought id give it a go. I have recently been taking folic acid approx 3 weeks as me and my partner are trying for a baby. I have been to the doctors this morning regarding my skin as I have been suffering for years - nearly 10! with bad acne to the point ...
I am a 54 year old menopausal female. Started taking Bystolic 5mg daily as preventive medication for heart palpitations and migraines in late Nov 2016. I also take Benicar 20mg for high blood pressure. Early Jan 2017, I woke up with numbness/weakness in hands and arms on right side. The numbness ...