A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Niacin, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin, Cod Liver Oil - from FDA reports
901 females aged 65 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 65 year old female patient who has High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
901 females aged 65 (±5) who takes Niacin, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin, Cod Liver Oil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 65
- Gender: female
- Conditions: High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol
- Drugs taken:
- Niacin (niacin)
- Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide (hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium)
- Metformin (metformin hydrochloride)
- Cod Liver Oil (cod liver oil)
- Drug interactions: Chest Pressure Sensation, Fatigue
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Chest Pressure Sensation: 0 (0% of females aged 65 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Fatigue: 42 (4.66% of females aged 65 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Chest Pressure Sensation in High Blood Pressure: 0 (0% of females aged 65 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
- Chest Pressure Sensation in Type 2 Diabetes: 0 (0% of females aged 65 (±5) who have Type 2 Diabetes)
- Chest Pressure Sensation in High Blood Cholesterol: 0 (0% of females aged 65 (±5) who have High Blood Cholesterol)
- Fatigue in High Blood Pressure: 2,057 (5.33% of females aged 65 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
- Fatigue in Type 2 Diabetes: 835 (3.78% of females aged 65 (±5) who have Type 2 Diabetes)
- Fatigue in High Blood Cholesterol: 1,522 (6.09% of females aged 65 (±5) who have High Blood Cholesterol)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Chest Pressure Sensation in Niacin: 0 (0% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Niacin)
- Chest Pressure Sensation in Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide: 0 (0% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide)
- Chest Pressure Sensation in Metformin: 6 (0.02% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Metformin)
- Chest Pressure Sensation in Cod Liver Oil: 0 (0% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Cod Liver Oil)
- Fatigue in Niacin: 144 (3.48% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Niacin)
- Fatigue in Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide: 154 (6.66% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide)
- Fatigue in Metformin: 1,567 (5.23% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Metformin)
- Fatigue in Cod Liver Oil: 47 (8.06% of females aged 65 (±5) who take Cod Liver Oil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (255 people, 28.30%)
- High Blood Pressure (163 people, 18.09%)
- Diabetes (157 people, 17.43%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (133 people, 14.76%)
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased (60 people, 6.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (245 people, 27.19%)
- Lipitor (131 people, 14.54%)
- Synthroid (112 people, 12.43%)
- Lisinopril (103 people, 11.43%)
- Lantus (99 people, 10.99%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Skin Blushing/flushing (163 people, 18.09%)
- Nausea (111 people, 12.32%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (101 people, 11.21%)
- Itching (87 people, 9.66%)
- Rashes (79 people, 8.77%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,427 users)
- Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide 1,236 users)
- Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 183,415 users)
- Cod liver oil has active ingredients of cod liver oil. (latest outcomes from Cod liver oil 1,345 users)
What are the conditions?
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 493,786 High blood pressure patients)
- Type 2 diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide, Glimepiride (latest reports from 177,516 Type 2 diabetes patients)
- High blood cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Zocor (latest reports from 243,028 High blood cholesterol patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Chest pressure sensation (feeling of pressure on chest) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 1,277 Chest pressure sensation patients).
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 360,353 Fatigue patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Niacin and Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction
- Niacin and Metformin drug interaction
- Niacin and Cod liver oil drug interaction
- Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide and Metformin drug interaction
- Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide and Cod liver oil drug interaction
- Metformin and Cod liver oil drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello! I am a pretty healthy woman who has menstrual-related migraines regularly. Sumatriptan pills usually stop my migraines, but when I take a pill I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. I feel fatigue, weakness, and shortness of breath. I have healthy, low blood pressure and am ...
Newbie---have finger joint pain and Trigger Fingers---one on each hand. I am up to 1500 mgs of extended release--the main purpose is for my Prostate Cancer--where the ADT drugs a causing a rise of my Blood Sugar. I hear taking B-12 is good for this. I have always been on high levels of B-12. Any ...
Yes I too suffered extreme fatigue- cardiologist stumped after numerous tests for heart function has not shown cause. Sooo I "self un-medication - 10 days -fatigue lessened -see MD 2 wks-will continue to omit meloxicam until then. Anybody else- frankly I am surprised? AB
Hi, I have been taking docusate and senna liquid. I am not a pill swallower. I have sleep apnea and have been putting my fatigue on the apnea (even tho the apnea number is very well controlled). Now I am wondering if it could be the docusate or senna. I couldn't take Miralax because after a week ...
Hi I am 68 years old and belive that i am a carrier of nf1 My daughter has been diagnosed with nf1 but i have never been diagnosed I have arithrtis but suffer from tiredness Could nf1 have something to do with this tiredness Regards Ron