A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Mercaptopurine, Pentasa - from FDA reports
125 females aged 23 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 23 year old female patient who has Crohn's Disease. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 19, 2017
125 females aged 23 (±5) who takes Mercaptopurine, Pentasa are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 23
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Crohn's Disease
- Drugs taken:
- Mercaptopurine (mercaptopurine)
- Pentasa (mesalamine)
- Drug interactions: Leukopenia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Leukopenia: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Leukopenia in Crohn's Disease: 27 (0.23% of females aged 23 (±5) who have Crohn's Disease)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Leukopenia in Mercaptopurine: 18 (2.63% of females aged 23 (±5) who take Mercaptopurine)
- Leukopenia in Pentasa: 7 (0.31% of females aged 23 (±5) who take Pentasa)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (76 people, 60.80%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (24 people, 19.20%)
- Birth Control (7 people, 5.60%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 4.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 3.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (57 people, 45.60%)
- Prednisone (26 people, 20.80%)
- Remicade (22 people, 17.60%)
- Calcium (10 people, 8.00%)
- Cimzia (9 people, 7.20%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (13 people, 10.40%)
- Abdominal Pain (13 people, 10.40%)
- Injection Site Pain (12 people, 9.60%)
- Fever (12 people, 9.60%)
- Pain (9 people, 7.20%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Mercaptopurine has active ingredients of mercaptopurine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Mercaptopurine 9,508 users)
- Pentasa has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Pentasa 11,483 users)
What are the conditions?
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Azathioprine (latest reports from 163,200 Crohn's disease patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 26,753 Leukopenia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking MP3 for a number of years for UC. I call it my wonder drug! I have recently developed 2 cases of DVT the first of which required hospitalization. None of my doctors have suggested there is any connection between my condition and MP3. Do they have their heads in the sand?