A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Depo-Provera, Fluoxetine - from FDA reports
107 females aged 37 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 37 year old female patient who has Birth Control, Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 20, 2017
107 females aged 37 (±5) who takes Depo-Provera, Fluoxetine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 37
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Birth Control, Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone acetate)
- Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: Menorrhagia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Menorrhagia: 1 (0.93% of females aged 37 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Menorrhagia in Birth Control: 1,247 (3.9% of females aged 37 (±5) who have Birth Control)
- Menorrhagia in Depression: 107 (0.59% of females aged 37 (±5) who have Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Menorrhagia in Depo-Provera: 97 (4.81% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Depo-Provera)
- Menorrhagia in Fluoxetine: 24 (0.63% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Fluoxetine)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (10 people, 9.35%)
- Migraine (7 people, 6.54%)
- Headache (5 people, 4.67%)
- Acne (5 people, 4.67%)
- Dialysis (4 people, 3.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Effexor (16 people, 14.95%)
- Amoxicillin (16 people, 14.95%)
- Ceftin (15 people, 14.02%)
- Xanax (13 people, 12.15%)
- Accutane (12 people, 11.21%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Suicidal Ideation (17 people, 15.89%)
- Suicide Attempt (15 people, 14.02%)
- Emotional Distress (15 people, 14.02%)
- Anaemia (13 people, 12.15%)
- Crohn's Disease (12 people, 11.21%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Depo-provera 13,049 users)
- Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Fluoxetine 46,490 users)
What are the conditions?
- Birth control can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 182,017 Birth control patients)
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 383,054 Depression patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Menorrhagia (an abnormally heavy bleeding and prolonged menstrual period at regular intervals) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding, endometriosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,659 Menorrhagia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi – I may be barking up the wrong tree and apologies', if this is not the correct place to post this. I work in the food industry and have (for the last 20 years) had micro-biological swabbing (for Strep etc) done on a bi-monthly basis. I have since November being taking Flecainide. In ...
I have been taking Fluoxetine 20mg for 10 days and I have got severe dizziness and derealization (Things don't feel real like life is not real! ). I have never been crazy depressed but lately, I am feeling down and anxious about an exam that I need to take it in a couple of months. I am ...
I started gabapentine a month ago. I started my period 3 weeks early. I take teva birth control Ann have a period every 3 months. But 3 wks early this month. Now I'm going on2 weeks with a period. I'm worried what's going on. This was the only change i had at the time wondering if any one else ...
Hello everyone. This is Robin Sen(Male) from Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. I am having enlarged male breasts for sure but the reason I think is the anti-depresson and ant-anxiety medicines which I have been forced to take for the last two years. These medicines include,: Zenoxa, Bupropion, ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am recovering from breast cancer and have been taking fluoxetine for years and it has worked well for me, so they put me on tamoxifen and had to take me off and put me on anastrozole. I have very high anxiety and am very achy. Is this normal?
After the birth of my only child at age 44 my doctor gave me depo provera injection because he highly recommended it. At "my age" he didnt want me to get pregnant again. that was in 2007 and until the injection was pulled from the market, with no explanation. I then developed a osteoarthritis ...
After taking the shot , I noticed sugar would trigger a faster heart rate and anxiety . I have panic attacks after eating sugar and I'm always able to notice my heart beat which makes me even more notice and yesterday and today I have no appetite