A study for a 83 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium - from FDA reports
3,421 males aged 83 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 83 year old male patient who has High Cholesterol. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
3,421 males aged 83 (±5) who takes Pravastatin Sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 83
- Gender: male
- Conditions: High Cholesterol
- Drugs taken:
- Pravastatin Sodium (pravastatin sodium)
- Side effects: Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Cramps: 7 (0.2% of males aged 83 (±5) who take the drug)
- Shortness Of Breath: 182 (5.32% of males aged 83 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in High Cholesterol: 11 (0.16% of males aged 83 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
- Shortness Of Breath in High Cholesterol: 324 (4.7% of males aged 83 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in Pravastatin Sodium: 7 (0.2% of males aged 83 (±5) who take Pravastatin Sodium)
- Shortness Of Breath in Pravastatin Sodium: 182 (5.32% of males aged 83 (±5) who take Pravastatin Sodium)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (458 people, 13.39%)
- High Blood Pressure (447 people, 13.07%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (387 people, 11.31%)
- Diabetes (152 people, 4.44%)
- Stroke (144 people, 4.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (510 people, 14.91%)
- Lasix (331 people, 9.68%)
- Plavix (308 people, 9.00%)
- Furosemide (224 people, 6.55%)
- Lisinopril (209 people, 6.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (275 people, 8.04%)
- Fatigue (200 people, 5.85%)
- Dizziness (184 people, 5.38%)
- Fall (171 people, 5.00%)
- Pneumonia (166 people, 4.85%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Pravastatin sodium 13,272 users)
What are the conditions?
- High cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Zocor (latest reports from 255,102 High cholesterol patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 10,603 Muscle cramps patients).
- Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 303,110 Shortness of breath patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi everyone, I need help! I am experiencing severe cramping in my legs, feet, calves and notes, along with major spasms. My legs are so tight and swollen as well (I also have swelling in my joints and muscles). I am taking Olanzapine and was wondering if anyone had experienced these symptoms? ...
After starting Lasix, have been experiencing shortness of breath. I am 68, female and also taking Synthroid. I was hoping someone may know of something that could help with the shortness of breath. Is there a change in diet that could help?
I am a 40 year old women with primary sjrogrens syndrome and frybromialgia along with several comprised lung issues, bladder, neurological, gastrointestinal, thyroid disease, all related to my primary sjrogrens I suffer from a long stream of other symptoms as well tight spastic sore muscles, ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I've never taken any drugs and recently at 58 yrs old doc says I need blood pressure meds and cholesterol med. taking diovan and was on pravastatin. Having terribly insomnia and struggling to lose weight. Been reading online about insomnia with both meds. Told doc all was well after a month on ...
Hi My name isCaroline & I've been addicted to Nurofen plus for years. I've gone cold turkey so many times, each time telling myself never again- the withdrawals are horrendous, yet a few weeks later, I take some thinking "just the one packet", but back on it again. I'm desperate to stop & ...
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
Hi, I have been on Fentanyl for about 5 years, recently my doctor upped the dosage, I noticed my shortness of breath got much worse, my dr prescribed Xanax because he thought the shortness of breath was from anxiety and stress but now I see that when combined with the Fentanyl it might cause ...