A study for a 83 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium - from FDA reports
3,152 males aged 83 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 83 year old male patient who has High Cholesterol. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
3,152 males aged 83 (±5) who takes Pravastatin Sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 83
- Gender: male
- Conditions: High Cholesterol
- Drugs taken:
- Pravastatin Sodium (pravastatin sodium)
- Side effects: Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Cramps: 7 (0.22% of males aged 83 (±5) who take the drug)
- Shortness Of Breath: 165 (5.23% of males aged 83 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in High Cholesterol: 11 (0.17% of males aged 83 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
- Shortness Of Breath in High Cholesterol: 309 (4.81% of males aged 83 (±5) who have High Cholesterol)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in Pravastatin Sodium: 7 (0.22% of males aged 83 (±5) who take Pravastatin Sodium)
- Shortness Of Breath in Pravastatin Sodium: 165 (5.23% of males aged 83 (±5) who take Pravastatin Sodium)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (426 people, 13.52%)
- High Blood Pressure (410 people, 13.01%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (361 people, 11.45%)
- Diabetes (137 people, 4.35%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (131 people, 4.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (510 people, 16.18%)
- Lasix (311 people, 9.87%)
- Plavix (297 people, 9.42%)
- Furosemide (224 people, 7.11%)
- Lisinopril (209 people, 6.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (259 people, 8.22%)
- Fatigue (181 people, 5.74%)
- Dizziness (172 people, 5.46%)
- Fall (158 people, 5.01%)
- Pneumonia (149 people, 4.73%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Pravastatin sodium 13,258 users)
What are the conditions?
- High cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Zocor (latest reports from 254,906 High cholesterol patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 10,580 Muscle cramps patients).
- Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 303,025 Shortness of breath patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi everyone, I need help! I am experiencing severe cramping in my legs, feet, calves and notes, along with major spasms. My legs are so tight and swollen as well (I also have swelling in my joints and muscles). I am taking Olanzapine and was wondering if anyone had experienced these symptoms? ...
After starting Lasix, have been experiencing shortness of breath. I am 68, female and also taking Synthroid. I was hoping someone may know of something that could help with the shortness of breath. Is there a change in diet that could help?
I am a 40 year old women with primary sjrogrens syndrome and frybromialgia along with several comprised lung issues, bladder, neurological, gastrointestinal, thyroid disease, all related to my primary sjrogrens I suffer from a long stream of other symptoms as well tight spastic sore muscles, ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been diagnosed with a auto immune disease similar to lupus, a connective tissue issue. I'm taking mycophenolate and prednisone, Sleepless nights and shortness of breath are my main side effects.
Always seem to be a little out of breath, I think it's due to the two doses of 50 mg twice daily that's causing it. Started taking it after my heart attach 2 years ago this month. Anyone else have the same symptoms?